Happy Valentine’s Day! I want to thank everyone for the warm welcome to Simple Kids this week. Your comments, emails, and kind words are so appreciated. Also, I want to say thank you to everyone who entered all five giveaways on all of the Simple Living Media blogs.
Simple Kids Give Away Winner
Without further ado, I’m so pleased to announce that the winner from Simple Kids is ….
Congratulations, Maia! (check your email inbox for important information) You have won the Book of Days e-book subscription from Blue Yonder Ranch, the Multi-Use Soccer Station from Hearth Song Toys, and The Creative Familyand Handmade Home by Amanda Soule. Thank you to our generous sponsors for providing such great prizes!
I have to tell you all how much I enjoyed reading your comments in the giveaway entries. You are spending focused and meaningful time with your families, which was inspiring to see. You are enjoying time as a family through dinners around the table, camping trips, cuddling, reading, hiking, cooking, and family movie nights – and there were so many more great ideas for ways to spend quality time together. It was fun to read!
Speaking of fun to read … here are a few links that I couldn’t resist sharing with all of you from my internet travels this past week:
- Best Chocolate Pudding from My Little Hen. I’m pretty sure this pudding is how we’ve survived being snowed in for the past week.
- Whole Wheat Chocolate Cupcakes from Nurture Baby Blog (hmmmm, I seem to have a chocolate theme going on this week …)
Care and Nurturing
- I loved Jeana of Snails & Puppy Dog Tails ideas for a Color Coded system to keep her three boys organized
- Cheat Sheet: Natural Toothpaset & BPA Free Toothbrushes for Kids from Safe Mama
- Name Tracing Activity from Makes and Takes (I used to like doing this as a kid and showed my oldest how this week)
- Valentine Craft: Tissue Paper Heart Windows from Our Little Nature Nest are so beautiful that I think we’ll keep ours up long after Valentine’s Day
- Suddenly finding yourself in possession of Valentine Candy Hearts? Take a peek at Valentine’s Candy Heart Math at Playful Learning (Mariah’s got a printable Valentine Heart graph with all the colors, so you can take your candies and get started right away)
- Olympics Crafts from No Time for Flash Cards (the torch is my favorite)
- Coloring Pages and Print and Fold Mascots from the Vancouver 2010 website
What about you? I’d love to hear what gems you’ve run across. What links did you add to your bookmarks this week?