in play learn explore ·
I’m over at Simple Homeschool today sharing some Weather Activities for Kids: Rain or Shine. I hope you’ll come over, read the article, and let me know how the weather is for you today! – Kara
At this time of year, the weather seems to change almost daily. This fluctuation makes weather watching especially fun. Every day there is something new to discover!
Observing the Weather
As long as the conditions are safe to be outside, the kids and I try to be outdoors at least once a day. Sun, rain, or snow, our main method of weather observation is getting out there and experiencing it!
While we’re outside, I am encouraging the kids to think about what we are experiencing with our senses and giving them some gentle prompting to make observations on their own.
Some Questions to Ask:
- What does it LOOK like outside?
- What does the air FEEL like on your skin?
- What doe we HEAR?
- What does it SMELL like?
- What should we WEAR on a day like today?
- The Legend of the Pumpkin Fairy ::: The Magic Onions
- Halloween Tulle Ghost ::: Shivaya Naturals
- Spooky Spiders ::: Simple as That
- Homemade Halloween Treats (No Trick!) ::: Simple Organic
- DIY Tinkerbell Fairy Costume ::: Prudent Baby
- The Pumpkin King ::: Hoosier Homemade
- 15 Places to Find Fine Motor Fun ::: Squiggle Mum
- Organized Simplicity ::: Simple Mom’s book is coming out soon!
The following post is by editor Kara Fleck.
In my quest to enjoy this Autumn, I’ve been gathering craft ideas for the kids and I to do together. This month I have been focusing on pumpkin inspired ideas and I found some projects to try that look really cute but still simple.
I thought I’d share four of my favorites with you, so that you and your kids can have some pumpkin fun, too!
1. A New Take on Jack-o-Lanterns
I think that perhaps a family of small pumpkins personalized to look like us would be a super-cute Halloween centerpiece for our table. What do you think?
Egg sandwiches, anyone? My daughter, Lucy, can make one to order for you!