Happy Read Across America Day! This is a day we set aside to remember that you are “never too old, too wacky too wild, to pick up a book and read with your child.”
For today’s Friday Five I’m sharing 5 of our favorite reading spots in our home – the places where we love to curl up with a good book.
5 Favorite Reading Spots in Our Home
1. Amelia’s favorite spot is on Daddy’s lap with all of her siblings around her (I know I’ve shared this picture before, but it is one of my favorites of my favorite people).
Amelia’s favorite book right now is Where is Baby’s Belly Button by Karen Katz, which her big brother Max gave to her for Christmas because of her obsession with belly buttons or “gong gongs” as she calls them.
2. Lucy’s favorite spot to read is in a giant box that she has turned into a fort.
Lucy’s favorite book right now is The Little Golden Treasury of Eloise Wilkin Stories. She has most of the stories memorized and “reads” them to her little sister.
3. Max’s favorite spot to read is in the bean bag in our reading nook. Our bean bag is from Ahh Products and I’m seriously considering getting another one, it is such a popular thing with the kids. We have it near one of our sling style bookshelves and all of the kids like hanging out in this cozy little corner.
4. Jillian’s favorite spot to read is on the top bunk (the best place to get privacy from younger siblings in our home).
Jillian is currently re-reading the Harry Potter series. Yes, again.
5. This mama’s favorite spot to read is on the couch, usually with a kiddo or two by my side or in my lap.
My very sweet husband recently gave me a basic kindle, and while I love paper books and they will always be my first choice, I have to admit having a kindle is a handy thing, especially for reading things like ebook bundles (I have heard I can put my pdfs of knitting patterns on the kindle, too but I haven’t yet attempted that).
You are never too old, too wacky too wild, to pick up a book and read with your child!”
Where do you and your kids like to read? Do you have some favorite reading spots?