As part of the Target Inner Circle, I was excited to get to team up with Amy Mascott of Teach Mama and We Teach for an article for Target’s A Bullseye View blog. We’re sharing 10 Fun Ways to Help Kids Avoid the Summer Slide.
From the article:
It’s the summertime, and our kids are ending the year with their heads and hearts full of knowledge.
We want our children to enjoy summer days of swimming, sports and relaxation and summer nights of fireflies, campfires and fireworks. We don’t, however, want them to lose all of the progress they have made over the school year to the dreaded “Summer Slide.” Studies have concluded that when they don’t engage in educational activities during vacation, kids can be set back by up to three months in their math and reading skills.
Here are ten creative and exciting ways to keep kids of all ages learning all summer long!
I’ve got another neat thing regarding summer learning to share with you today. On Tuesday evening, there will be a Twitter chat with some special guests – and some pretty cool prizes, too!
June SUMMER LEARNING twitter event, June 11 8:30-9:30pm ET
- What: #weteach members will be sharing summer learning resources
- prizes: 3 $50 Target gift cards; 2 $50 Melissa & Doug gift cards; 1 Highlights summer learning prize pack
- Where: Twitter! (http://twitter.com) #weteach
- When: Tuesday, 6.11.13 from 8:30-9:30pm ET
- Before the event,make sure you are a member of we teach: http://weteachgroup.com
- On 6.11.13, log onto twitter
- Follow the hashtag #weteach
- Tweet, re-tweet (RT), and tweet some more!
Here’s to a fantastic summer of fun and learning!