The following post is by Simple Kids editor Kara Fleck.
It is that time of year again: time to start thinking about getting the kids ready for going back to school. In our area, the kids are heading back to classes on Monday.
The Simple Kids email box has received a few questions about back to school, but as some of you know, my family homeschools so this isn’t really my area of expertise.
I thought I would share those questions here and then open up the comments and let our readers give their answers. I know some of you are seasoned veterans at the whole back-to-school thing and I look forward to reading your wisdom.
Here are some of the questions that have landed in my in-box. Maybe you can help answer them?
- How can I prepare my preschooler for her first day of school? I’m worried about separation anxiety.
- My kids have been sleeping in this summer. Any tips on getting every one ready for early mornings again?
- Our mornings are so chaotic now. I’m worried about the extra stress of getting everyone out the door for the bus on time. Do you have any advice to help our mornings run smoothly?
- We’ve never had to deal with homework before. How can I set my child up for success? I don’t want the dreaded “homework hassle” because I know we’ll be dealing with this for a long time.
I know Simple Kids readers have a lot of wisdom to share. What are your best tips for:
- Helping kids get their homework done
- Organizing school supplies
- Keeping track of all those papers, announcements, and notices
- Easing kids into the back-to-school routine
Are your kids heading back to school? Have any questions of your own? Any good back to school tips to share? Let’s Talk!