1. I turned in my Art of Simple post weeks ago, and wouldn’t you know it? This week started with our three year old crawling into bed at 3:30 am Monday morning and being ill (worst alarm clock ever), which led to us all falling ill one by one.
Add in me working through some big feelings and a medical situation with my husband (he’s going to be fine, just forgot he was 40 for a moment and has the knee injury to remind him).
So, not simple. Pretty chaotic. Lots of dinners of crackers and fruit, for those who even felt like eating.
In other words, when I write about what gets me through When It Isn’t So Simple, the words come from the heart. And, as if often the case, what I share with you is the gentle reminder I need.
2. The big feelings I mention that I’m trying to work through I wrote about on my personal blog: my mother’s mother, grief, and loving to the end of our days, however they are numbered.
3. Last weekend my journaling bible and I attended a day of workshops with Shanna Noel of Illustrated Faith. I’ve never been in a room full of people worshiping through art before and it was an amazing experience. I’m going to carry that day with me for a long time. Heather Greenwood wrote a few words about the weekend here, if you’d like to read and take a look at some of her beautiful bible journaling artwork.
4. The week an email about Deliciously Slow landed in my inbox. I’m interested in the seven day e-course about healthy cooking with a slow cooker (and it’s more than just soups) and how to make it work for you and your family. Leah’s got all the information up about the course over on her site, so I encourage you to go check it out if you’re interested.
5. The TEND magazine Spring 2015 issue is out! On their blog they’ve got a free project for you: growing wheatgrass for baskets and Easter decorations. Sweet!
Have a wonderful weekend, friends! I’ll be around on Instagram, if you’d like to hang out there.