- ::: Playful Learning
- Moms are more than chauffeurs ::: Simple Mom
- Roasted Strawberry and Toasted Coconut Popsicles ::: Joy the Baker
- ::: Classic Play
- The A to Z Summer Reading Tree: 26 Ways to Encourage Reading this Summer ::: Jump Into a Book
Note: there are some affiliate links in this post. Thank you!
- 10 Ways to Make the World More Beautiful with Miss Rumphius ::: Jump into a Book
- ::: Playing with Words 365
- All About My Dad: a Fun Questionnaire for Father”s Day ::: Not Just Cute
- Why I”m Not Striving for Balance this Summer ::: Life as Mom
in showcase ·
Today I’m sharing this month’s SimpleMom.net column about our family’s journey to a debt-free life. I’m answering the most asked question from my first column: how did we stop living less than paycheck to paycheck? Every situation is unique, but you can visit Simple Mom to read what worked for us.
From the post:
In my last post, I introduced myself as a person in debt. I hoped to be a source of encouragement for anyone who might be struggling with money. I was touched by the comments that followed. Thank you.
One question seemed to come up: how did we get back on our feet when living less than paycheck to paycheck?
Some of you are in a tough spot through circumstance; maybe you’ve lost a job, you’ve faced illness, or worse.
Our money problem wasn’t an income problem, it was a spending problem. We made enough money, but we were far from careful with it.
- Let your kids get dirty ::: Simple Mom
- The Parable of the Swing: Why Kids Need Choices and Boundaries ::: Not Just Cute
- Se7en’s Drawing a Day Project
- 10 Ultimate Summer Popsicle Recipes ::: Weed ‘Em and Reap
- Great Books for Your Tween Daughter about Being a Tween ::: The House of Hendrix
- Homemade Finger Paint ::: Life as Mom
- On the day after Mothers Day ::: Ashleigh Baker
- My friend Mariah, of Playful Learning and the Playful Learning Ecademy, is offering a new ecourse – Stress Management for Kids: teach your child how to find peace inside and out
- 55 Really Good Graduation Gift Ideas ::: Pensieve
- Essential Packing List for Families on the Go ::: Peanut Blossom
- Indy 500 Racer Snacks ::: Parents.com
- Faithful Parenting ::: Parenting Wild Things
- The At-Home Summer Nature Camp ecurriculum from A Natural Nester is available for pre-order and will be available May 20th. I’m a contributor to and an affiliate for this project. The kids and I are looking forward to participating in our own summer camp at home. Can’t wait!
- Baby birds, bad humans, and backyards: an accidental nature study adventure ::: They Dynamo Rhino homeschool blog
Have a wonderful weekend, friends! Rest, recharge, frolic with your families, and enjoy these gorgeous May days. Do something simple but fun with your children this weekend. You and your kids will both love it!