Some of my favorite reads for parents and caregivers and a few recommendations for crafting, playing, learning, and exploring, too. Please note that there are affiliate links on this page. Thank you for your support!
Books for Parents and Caregivers
- Simplicity Parenting by Kim John Payne, M.Ed.
- Heaven on Earth by Sharifa Oppenheimer
- You Are Your Child’s First Teacher by Rahima Baldwin Dancy
- Raising Happiness by Christine Carter, Ph.D.
- Spirit-Led Parenting by Megan Tietz and Laura Oyer
- Bates-Ames child development series
- Steady Days by Jamie C. Martin
- The Natural Child by Jan Hunt
Books for Crafting, Playing, and Learning
- Make Way for Reading: Great Books for Kindergarten through Grade 8 complied and edited by Karen Latimer and Pamela J. Fenner
- Kid Made Modern by Todd Oldham
- Imagine Childhood by Sarah Olmsted
- Naturally Fun Parties for Kids by Anni Daulter with Heather Fontenot
- Playful Learning by Mariah Bruehl
- Amanda Soule’s books: Handmade Home, The Rhythm of Family, and The Creative Family
Want to read more of our favorite book recommendations? Head here to search the Simple Kids archives for our reviews of children’s books, parenting books, and more.