The following post is by editor Kara Fleck.
I don’t know about you, but things for me this past week have not gone exactly according to plan. Instead of spending the last few days working on Halloween details, I’ve found myself in bed unable to do much of anything except hope to feel better.
Not only has this meant that life hasn’t been a whole lot of fun, it means that our Halloween this year is going to look a little different than in years’ past. And, you know what? That is perfectly okay.
My Mom came by for a few hours one day to help with the kids and my husband, Christopher, has been a good sport and dove right in to help me finish up things like the treat bags and the kids’ costumes. Thanks to the two of them, things are in pretty good shape around here (and we’ll call all the spider webs, dust, and my messy house Halloween decorations, okay?)
Still, I don’t want to let one of our favorite holidays go by without at least a little celebration, so I spent some time last night rounding up a few very simple ideas that won’t require much effort or resources, yet will still add some magic to the day.
In case anyone else is finding themselves in the same boat this Halloween, here is my list of simple, last minute ideas:
From the Simple Kids Archives
- A Simple Halloween Story
- Glowing in the Dark
- Kid Friendly Pumpkin Recipes
- Ten Fabulous FREE Fall Printables for Kids
From Around the Web
- A New Take on Jack-o-Lanterns ::: I Never Grew Up
- Halloween at Rockin’ Granola :::: a round up of some of my favorite Halloween ideas on my other blog
- Chalkboard Pumpkins ::: Zakka Life
- Simple Chilled Pumpkin Cheesecake ::: Simple Bites a favorite at our house, and I just happen to have all the ingredients
I’m still not sure exactly how this day is going to end up, but now at least I have a few ideas to choose from that aren’t overwhelming and are sure to be fun!