Yesterday I shared with you my hope to document the ordinary moments this Mother’s Day, but that is only part of my plan. I have a few other things items on my wish list for Sunday, including:
- Sleeping in past 7 a.m.
- A recreation of that gorgeous breakfast from Simple Bites, pictured above, down to the very last crumb: How to Have Peace, Serenity, AND Breakfast in Bed on Mother’s Day.
- Some time with my Spring Reading Thing list and the latest Simple Living Media Book Club title.
- Lunch with my Mom, Sister, Grandmother, and extended family.
- Hugs, kisses, and (while I’m wishing) good manners and no bickering from my children.
- To laugh a lot, all day long.
- To accept the praise and attention of those who love me. Mother’s Day is the day to say, “Yes, I am doing an amazing job here, aren’t I?” I’d love it if you could give yourselves permission to do that, too my friends.
“Even the most courageous warriors need to remember this simple wisdom: there is a time to take on the world and a time to rest, replenish, and reflect.”
– Jillian Klarl
Happy Mother’s Day to all the Moms who take on the world every day on behalf of their children! May this weekend bring you a time to rest, replenish, and reflect.
Let’s Talk: What is on your Mother’s Day Wish List?
The comments are open for discussion.