The weather is crazy right about now, and I’m reinforcing my knowledge for this year’s first gardening coup upon the backyard. First I have to relocate to the opposite side of Texas, so I have several of my flower friends to dip in root hormone before down-sizing their living arrangement. Being uprooted from Houston soil and then dumped into temporary potted housing can’t be fun, but it’s better than me leaving them behind… I hope the plants eventually agree.
Anyhoo, here’s a nice list of resources I’ve found to supplement my ideas for making the garden a family affair & raising green-thumbed kids.
- The National Audubon Society | Educate
- Seeds of Change Garden | Activities in All Four Seasons
- National Junior Horticulture Association
- Composting For Kids
- My First Garden | A University of Illinois Extension
- Kids’ Valley Garden
- HortiKids | Kids Gardening
- Agricultural Information Services | PennState Pointers
- Junior Master Gardener