Written by Kara Fleck, Simple Kids editor and Rockin’ Granola mama.
Summer days are winding down here in the United States and we”re preparing to go back to school, with some parts of the country already in class. This is the time for soaking up the last few sunny days of Summer and preparing to jump back into school with enthusiasm.
I”ve rounded up some ideas for playing, learning, and exploring this month.
Ways to play, learn, and explore in August
- We finally got a little rain here in the Midwest and we”re celebrating with mudpies!
- Prepare for back-to-school by developing some in the morning
- Throw a Back-to-school party!
- Brainstorm some healthy real-food snack ideas for lunchboxes and after school
- Find even more Healthy Snacks To Go in Katie Kimball”s ebook (use code BIRTHDAY10 for 10% off through August 13, 2012)
- Make the Best Zucchini Bread EVER (it really is something special, thumbs up all around from the Fleck children)
- Set some goals for the coming year with your kids
- Brush up on number recognition skills and cool off at the same time with some
- Paint rainbows with ice cubes
- Start a back-to-school tradition. Here are 10 ideas to get you started from Simple Homeschool.
- Serve popsicles for breakfast
- Have a “yes” day once in a while
- Head back to school with 6 things your child”s teacher wants you to know
How are you and your kids spending the month of August? What adventures will you have? How will you play, learn, and explore?