Written by Kara Fleck, Simple Kids editor and Rockin’ Granola mama.
Wow, friends! The year 2012 is half-way finished. Can you believe it? No, I can’t either.
We’re enjoying some time with family this Fourth of July holiday, but I wanted to leave you with some ideas for playing, learning, and exploring this month.
Ways to play, learn, and explore in July
- Grab some sidewalk chalk and trace your shadows
- visit the library for some cool new reading material
- Check out Se7en’s cool July calendar for inspiration
- Serve the best summer drink ever
- Grill up something unexpected, like pizza or avocados
- sort through out-grown toys and clothes and have a yard sale
- Go out for ice cream at an old fashioned ice cream parlor
- Give your baby dolls a bath and cool off outdoors
- Plan a field trip to a local farm (and make peach sorbet)
- Fill up an eco-friendly bubble refill station
- Make an underwater viewer with simple supplies from around the house
- start a nature journal
- Make a Super Hero t-shirt for your little one, like this adorable Captain America tee
- Have a water balloon war or make some sponge water bombs
- Create a summer scrapbook
- Make s’mores
- Throw a book themed party
- Gear up for the Olympics and make your own backyard obstacle course
How will you and your kids be playing, learning, and exploring this month?