Written by Kara Fleck, Simple Kids editor and Rockin’ Granola mama.
October, one of my favorite months of the year, begins tomorrow. Today’s weekend links focus on some ideas for playing, learning, and exploring during this month, taken from some of my favorite bloggers and Pinterest finds.
Plus, this October we’re going to be sharing a series featuring 31 Days of Unplugged Play. It’s going to be wonderful!
- The Sugar Plum Fairy ::: from the Simple Kids archives
- A New Take on Jack O’Lanterns ::: I Never Grew Up
- Monster House Matching Game ::: Makes and Takes
- Fall Guess Bags ::: The Pleasantest Thing
- Pumpkin Pie Playdough ::: Childhood Beckons
- Throw a Backyard Halloween Party ::: Parents
- Make your own positivity jar ::: Steady Mom
- How to Draw a Jack O’Lantern ::: Art for Kids!
- Papercraft Alphabet ::: digitprop
- My Weather Station ::: Mr. Printables
- Exploring the seeds of fall ::: Teach Preschool
- Toddlers helping around the house ::: Playful Learning
- 3 Kid Friendly Pumpkin Meals ::: from the Simple Kids archives because it is good to explore new things in the kitchen, too
- Pirate Nature Hunt ::: The Flourishing Abode
For moms, dads, and caregivers
- What to do when you feel scattered and unproductive ::: Life As Mom
- 31 Back-to-school Freezer Meals ::: Once a Month Mom
31 Days of Unplugged Play
I’m so excited to begin the 31 Days of Unplugged Play series in October! We’ll be bringing your our regular Simple Kids content, including the monthly Holiday Craft-along, but our main focus in October will be on simple ideas for play. Each day will feature a short post with a simple idea for play.
A few of you asked me about supplies for the month and I want to assure you I’m striving to keep it basic: things you probably already have on hand or in the toy box. Though it wouldn’t hurt to maybe start stock piling a few paper towel and toilet paper tubes and some extra colorful pieces of junk mail, whenever supplies are required, I’ll try to give you a heads up and also suggest a few easy alternatives.
Are you ready for some simple fun in October? We are! See you for 31 Days of Unplugged Play: No batteries required starting tomorrow!