The following is by editor Kara Fleck.
We”re taking a few days for a Summer staycation at the Fleck household over the Independence Day holiday, and I”ve promised my family I”ll be limiting my computer time.
But, before I close the laptop and pour myself some ice tea, I wanted to leave you with a few ideas and inspirations from my Summer board on Pinterest.
DIY Clothing and Summer Decor
- Bandana Tablecloth ::: Me and My Insanity
- Let Freedom Ring Dress tutorial ::: Happy Together
- Captain America Tee ::: I am Momma, Hear Me Roar
DIY Summer Fun
- Summer of Fun Printable Kit ::: Plucky Momo
- Sponge Water Bombs ::: Positively Splendid
- Eco-Friendly Bubble Refill Station ::: Real Moms Guide
DIY Summer Treats
- Best Summer Drink Ever ::: Wee Folk Art
- Watermelon Limeade ::: The Daily Green (I have not tried this yet, but I bet it would make tasty popsicles)
- S”mores on a Stick ::: The Decorated Cookie
- Mango-Lassi and Strawberry Honey Yogurt Popsicles ::: Desserts for Breakfast
Megan Tietz, of Sorta Crunchy, wrote up a great guide for Pinterest newbies here, if you”d like to get started with this service.
You can find me at Pinterest as Simple Kids and you can also find contributors Amy Anderson, , and Catherine Way there, as well as Tsh of Simple Mom, Aimee of Simple Bites, and Nicole of Simple Organic.
Have a fantastic weekend, friends! Play with your kids, find some time to relax, and maybe shut off your own laptop and pour a glass of iced tea for yourself, okay? Best wishes!