Written by Kara Fleck, Simple Kids editor and Rockin’ Granola mama.
Today’s unplugged play idea is to create a pretend play post office.
This is a chance to learn about people in our neighborhood, practice some letter writing, order of events, and perhaps even work on memorizing our home address. But, don’t guide this activity too heavily: set the scene and see where your children take it.
Supplies and materials
- envelopes (I save junk mail envelopes for my kids)
- cardboard or small boxes to act as packages
- stickers to use as stamps, or draw your own
- a shoe box to act as a mailbox
- perhaps a bag or basket for delivering the mail