Jennifer returns today with suggestions for your family’s playlist for the coming year . . .
It’s officially a new year and I feel certain our family will be looking for some new music to brighten those gray winter days. I plan to allot a portion of gift money we received for Christmas to add to our music collection, and I would love to have your help! I’ve so enjoyed sharing some of my favorite artists with you over the past few months and reading what tunes and artists your family enjoys. You have inspired me with your comments and suggestions to reach wider to find more great music I can share with you.
So, here’s a preview of what I hope to add to our household’s collection this year (and subsequently review for you!). After reading through our wish list, I invite you to share what’s on your family’s wish list for 2010. In the meantime I wish you many moments of happy listening in the New Year!
Our 2010 Music Wish List
* Dance for the Sun by Kira Wiley I recently heard the song “Colors” off of this album and am in love! I can’t wait to hear more!
* Here Comes Science by They Might Be Giants If you read my first review, you’ll know I’m a big fan of this band & their music for kids. We haven’t added their latest album to our collection yet, but definitely will in 2010. One of my friends said she thought it was the best yet!
* Something from Putumayo Kids There are so many terrific choices, I can’t decide which one to add next, but we’ll definitely get one of these.
* Family Timeby Ziggy Marley I recently saw this featured in one of my parenting magazines and upon checking it out on was pleasantly surprised to find it contains some great collaborations including “Walk Tall” with Paul Simon. This is a song we happened to have heard on the radio and was able to sing along with after one listen! I hope to find the rest of the album just as enjoyable.
* A New Lullaby Since we’re expecting a new baby in our home later this spring, I’ll be on the hunt for a new lullaby album to add to our collection. I don’t have any particular one I have my eye on yet, but I’d love to hear your suggestions! I’ll be sure to review the lullabies we have enjoyed later this year.
What would you add to this list? What is on your family’s musical wish list for the coming year? What music are you enjoying this winter?