The following is by editor Kara Fleck.
Three years ago, on New Year’s Eve, Megan started a tradition of listing Simple Kids readers’ favorite posts from the past year.I really like that tradition, so every year I honor it by taking a look back and showcasing readers favorites.
This year I wanted to put a slightly different spin on it and share a dozen of my favorite things from this past year, blog posts and beyond.
2012 has been a fun year here at Simple Kids and I think you for being a part of it!
Without any further ado ….
Here are some of your favorite posts from this past year. These three posts saw the most traffic:
- Bookmarks for Bookworms
- How Too Much Choice Affects Our Kids
- 31 Days of Unplugged Play: No Batteries Required
These three posts were my some of my personal favorites:
- 8 Ways to Help Your Children Respect Other Cultures
- Artists in Residence: Giuseppe Arcimboldo
- Baking Bread with Children
Around the Web
Here are three of my favorite posts from other blogs and websites:
- Paper Gains: A Guide To Gifting Children Great Books ::: Modern Mrs. Darcy
- Parenting a Child with Anxiety ::: Shaun Groves for Simple Mom
- Story Time: Children’s Book Authors Remember Their Favorite Books ::: A Bullseye View
Here are three new discoveries that I made in 2012, new favorite things that enriched the year.
- Service: Kiwi Crate – this monthly craft service quickly became a favorite for the kids and I. Read my review here.
- Blog: Tinkerlab – one of my favorite blog discoveries in 2012, SO much creative fun for you and your kids here!
- Recipe: Healthy Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups, from Creating Naturally. I’d be embarrassed to tell you how many times we’ve made them at our house.
I can’t wait to see what 2013 holds for Simple Kids! Thanks for reading!