Welcome to this weekend’s giveaway! Today’s giveaway has been provided by our sponsor, Laundry Tree.
This giveaway is now closed. Thank you!
I mentioned yesterday that my family uses soap nuts for our laundry. I first learned about them a while ago from Tsh, Simple Mom, and am so glad that I gave them a try. I admit, I was a tiny bit skeptical at first, but I have been impressed with how well they clean. I even use them to clean our cloth diapers.
Soap nuts are a dried fruit (not actually a nut) whose cleaning properties make them an alternative to traditional laundry detergents and cleaners.
From the Laundry Tree website:
- They are simply a dried fruit — 100% totally natural.
- They are organically grown and are free of harsh chemicals, so they are incredibly gentle. (This makes them especially great for those with sensitive skin — including babies and those that suffer from allergies, eczema, and psoriasis).
- They’re totally biodegradeable, so they’re better for the environment than regular detergent.
- They’re antimicrobial, so they’re even good for septic and greywater systems.
- They are low-sudsing — exactly what you need for HE (or high-efficiency) washers.
The outer shell of the soapnut contains saponin, a natural substance known for its ability to cleanse and wash. (That’s what makes them so GREAT for cleaning your laundry!) And here’s a cool fact: soapnuts aren’t a new concept; they have been used to clean all kinds of fabric for centuries, and are only now gaining popularity in the Americas and Europe as a powerful, yet natural alternative to modern detergents. Having used any number of other detergents, we’re here to say so far man has yet to best Mother Nature in coming up with a genius cleaning agent for clothes.
Laundry Tree is offering on Simple Kids reader the chance to win 2 “Deluxe Starter Kits” – 1 for the winner and 1 for the winner’s friend. I love that you get to share!
- one 500 gram bag of SoapNuts
- three 1 ounce bottles of the scent of your choice
- one extra washbag
- one sample bag to share with a friend
To enter this giveaway, simply leave a comment on this post telling me why you would like to try soap nuts.
This giveaway will end today at midnight, EST Saturday April 9th. Good luck! This giveaway is now closed. Thank you!