- Sorting and Storing Kids” Clothes ::: Life As Mom
- Colored Sand Art ::: Let”s Explore
- Telling Teachers Thanks ::: Not Just Cute
- Preparing for Summer: a Fun, Flexible Daily Routine ::: Inspired to Action
- Regularly Turn Off Your TV ::: Simple Mom
- Having a HEART for Your Kids ::: Weird, Unsocialized Homeschoolers
I was especially touched by this post from The Not-Ever-Still Life this week: And the Bad Dreams that You Dare Really Do Come True. Perhaps Robin”s words seemed so compelling to me because parenting has brought some of those moments to me, the ones where you know you are supposed to be the one who makes it all better, but you just have no idea how you will? We get through them, but, as Robin writes, they do linger, don”t they?
There are also a few freebies that I wanted to tell you about:
- Little Acorn Learning has a page of free samples of their childcare guides, menus, and more
- Roost Books has a page of free projects, many of them from some of my favorite books for families
Sparkle Stories winners
The winners of yesterday”s Sparkle Stories giveaway were:
1. Keri, who said, “Always looking for ways to introduce my kids to imaginative things. This sounds great!”
2. Alisa, “Would love to try this!”
Congratulations! Be watching your email for information on how to collect your prize!
A few words of thanks
I want to thank contributor Jaimie Franchi and guest poster for their posts this past week. 5 Lessons from a TV Free Household, and the discussion that took place in the comments, gave me much to ponder during my family”s TV Free week. And, How Too Much Choice Affects Our Kids might be one of my favorite guest posts to run on Simple Kids ever because it so eloquently expresses a belief that I hold dear: less is more. (Plus, now I”ve got some more reading for my 40×40 list.) Ladies, thank you both for lending your words to Simple Kids this week!
Coming up this week
Coming up this week I”ll be sharing our a bit about the stories our walls tell, contributor Catherine Way has a post on kids and respecting other cultures, and I”ll share with you some of the recent kitchen adventures my little ones and I have had.
I know I had said that I would share our TV Free experience with you tomorrow, but I think I”m going to let those thoughts percolate a bit more and I”ll share them with you later in the week instead.
It is going to be a terrific week on Simple Kids. I hope you”ll join us!
I”m feeling thoughtful, friends. (And, evidently, a little on the wordy side this morning) I think it is time for me to grab a journal and my coffee and find a quiet corner of the house. Have a fantastic Sunday, everyone!