- Amanda of Not Just Cute has curated a wonderful Winter Time Thematic Unit
- Managing Play with Children of Different Ages ::: Childhood 101
- Snow Cream ::: Tinkerlab
- Just Color: Valentine’s Day Love printable coloring pages ::: 1+1+1=1
- Baby Led Feeding, a 10 month update ::: Simple Bites
- Music Review: Carnival of the Animals ::: Swing Whistle Zing
- We want to know what YOU think of Simple Living Media! Have you taken our Reader Survey yet?
Wild Kratts “Lost at Sea” special
Chances are if you’ve had a conversation with my six year old son Max during the past six months at some point the Wild Kratts have come up. Max can talk “creature powers” and animal habitats with the best of them. So, this boy of mine was nearly beside himself when a review copy of the Wild Kratts new Lost at Sea science special came in the mail for us to review.
The special Wild Kratts “Lost at Sea” will air on January 21 on PBS Kids (check your local listings for the time) and will be available on DVD on January 22. The show stars Martin and Chris Kratt – the Kratt Brothers, to those in the know. You can also check out the new online science game, “Dolphin Dive” which includes real animal sounds and lets kids explore a coral reef habitat.
When I asked Max what he thought of the show after we previewed it, he told me, “you see, I figured out that dolphins are smart animals and they are very playful animals. And also dolphins have their own language. And also puffer fish! Oh, man, puffer fish just puff right up when something is trying to eat them. Isn’t that so cool, mom?”
Yes, son, it is SO cool.
Have a fantastic Sunday, friends! Enjoy your weekend!