The best gifts for boys are toys or things he likes; they are beautiful memories that can stay with him for a long time. Cool gifts spark joy; great gifts offer a chance to learn. Trendy or expensive, nice-looking or challenging toys, whatever you choose, it must be thoughtful.
Although it is beautiful, it doesn’t mean gifting is simple. Baby boy gifts can be hard to come up with. Unfortunately, it won’t get any easier as he gets older. Don’t stress too much. The boys seem like tough customers, but finding the best gifts for boys is easy if you know the rule.
I’ve rounded up 15 must-see items as below. These are the best gift ideas for boys that you can easily order online or in stores. They would all make great birthday or Christmas gifts. With that said, let’s jump in and find a unique gift for your boys!
- 3 Benefits Of Gift Giving
- What Are The Best Gifts for Boys?
- Best Gifts for Boys Comparison Chart 2021
- Top 15 Best Gift for Boys Reviews 2021
- 1. Brio World Deluxe Railway Set
- 2. Faber Castell Creativity For Kids Bitty Books
- 3. Infantino Lil’ Nibble Teethers Pea Pod
- 4. Infinno Inflatable Tummy Time Mat Premium Baby Water Play Mat
- 5. Hasbro Gaming Boggle Junior First Boggle Game
- 6. Spin Master Perplexus Light Speed Maze
- 7. Pressman Mastermind Code Maker Vs. Codebreaker Game
- 8. EverPlus Bluetooth 5.0 Beanie for Men
- 9. Geospace Jumparoo Bungee Boing Toy
- 10. Hot Wheels Monster Trucks Playset
- 11. Beyblade Burst Turbo Slingshock Rail Rush Battle Set Game
- 12. National Geographic Dino Fossil Dig Kit
- 13. Vimpro Musical Piano Mat
- 14. Kinetic Sand Shimmering Magic Sand
- 15. Silvotek Kids Night Light Projector
- What To Consider When Buying Gifts for Boys?
- How To Clean And Store Your Toys?
- My Top Pick
3 Benefits Of Gift Giving
Exchanging gifts has been practiced since primitive cavemen culture. In ancient Egypt, gifts were given to the pharaohs to express the giver’s respect. In Roman times, people would present others with good-luck tokens as a mark of favors and allegiance.
Nowadays, gift-giving has evolved a lot, but it still involves gathering friends and family for special ceremonies, events, and birthdays. Listed below are some of the benefits of gift-giving.
Gifting is a sure way to strengthen all kinds of relationships. It is not only a demonstration of your appreciation for him; it will also encourage him to behave correctly in the future.
Establishes Emotional Well-being
When you know a person is thinking about you, caring for you, and spending their time to find you a precious gift, does it make you feel unique and “important”? Definitely yes!
Gives Joy For Both Sides
Giving presents should be an enjoyable event for both sides. According to psychology, you will have an emotional lift in pursuit of a gift. They said, “The experience of gifting is the gift that keeps giving.”
What Are The Best Gifts for Boys?
Choosing the best gifts for boy could be exhausting because it’s a whole new world with endless choices. Here is the list I made for you, with a brief description of each option.
When it comes to boys’ gifts, you’ve probably heard of Hot Wheels for their epic collection of trucks, National Geographic for educational toys, or colorful yet challenging mazes from Perplexus, but there are so much more. Without further ado, let’s jump into the world of toys right now!
- Best Overall: BRIO World Deluxe Railway Set
“Endless ways to build. Made from beechwood with water-based lacquer. Environmental friendly and safe for your child.”
- Best Budget: Faber Castell Creativity For Kids Bitty Books
“Perfect for gifting. Include a full set of blank-page books, markers, stickers, a book holder. Ignite creativity while having hours of fun.”
- Best for Newborns: Infantino Lil’ Nibble Teethers Pea Pod
“Made from 100% BPA-free silicone. Vibrant colored. Safe for babies. Easy to clean”
- Best for Toddlers (1-3 Years Old): Infinno Inflatable Tummy Time Mat
“100% leak-proof, 100% BPA-free and non-toxic, heavy PVC materials. Durable and easy to use.”
- Best for Preschool Boys: Hasbro Gaming Boggle Junior First Boggle Game
“Go-to choice for playdates – an effective way to teach the kids some social skills before going to school.”
- Best for Boy Aged 6 – 8: Spin Master Perplexus Light Speed Maze
“Challenging but not too difficult for the boys to get frustrated. It has many levels and modes to play.”
- Best for Boy Aged 9 – 11: Pressman Mastermind Code Maker Vs. Codebreaker Game
“The must-have traditional strategy game helps develop logic, problem-solving skills, with more than 55 million units sold.”
- Best for Teenager: EverPlus Bluetooth 5.0 Beanie for Men
“This unique beanie Soundbot is the #1 best seller of its kind for a reason. High quality, stylish yet convenient to wear, reasonable price & 1-year warranty.”
- Best for Sports Lovers: Geospace Jumparoo Bungee Boing Foam
“Safe for beginners. Suitable for indoor, outdoor play, travel friendly.”
- Best for Who Love Trucks: Hot Wheels Monster Trucks Play Set
“A giant loop is promising amazing and thrilling races. Easy to set up and play. Compatible with many other truck sets of Hot Wheel.”
- Best for Who Love Games: Beyblade Burst Turbo Slingshock Set Game
“Originally a legendary manga and anime series loved by thousands of kids around the world. Delicately made.”
- Best for Dinosaur-lover: National Geographic Dino Fossil Dig Kit
“3 real fossils from around the world with a full-color learning guide. 100% satisfaction guarantee by National Geographic.”
- Best for Music Lovers: Vimpro Musical Piano Mat
“This music playmat contains 9 keyboard keys, 8 instrument sounds, 10 demos, 5 modes. Requires no battery. Safe for children.”
- Best for Who Loves Art & Craft: Kinetic Sand Shimmering Magic Sand
“It leaves the fingers completely dry, but holds the shape easily, relieves stress, and ignites creativity.”
- Best for Who Loves Space: Silvotek Kids Night Light Projector
“The lightness is nice and calming to sleep, but still bright enough to represent the magnificent figures on the ceiling.”
Best Gifts for Boys Comparison Chart 2021
We have compiled a list of 15 best gifts for boys of different ages and interests with comparison to see the differences in size, weight, age-range, and category. If you spot something you want to grab for the boy, take a look, scroll down for more detailed reviews.
|Best Gifts for Boys||Dimensions||Weight||Recommended Age||Category|
|Brio World Deluxe Railway Set - Best Overall||45 x 29 x 7 inches||8.08 pounds||36 months - 10 years||Train Sets|
|Faber Castell Creativity For Kids Bitty Books - Best Budget||9.6 x 9.6 x 2 inches||14.2 ounces||5 - 9 years||Arts and Crafts|
|Infantino Lil' Nibble Teethers Pea Pod - Best for Newborns||5.25 x 1.25 x 6.25 inches||2.39 ounces||0+||Baby Teether Toys|
|Infinno Inflatable Tummy Time Mat - Best for Toddlers||7.52 x 6.18 x 2.13 inches||9.2 ounces||3 months - 2 years||Baby Gym & Playmats|
|Hasbro Gaming Boggle Junior First Boggle Game - Best for Preschoolers||2.01 x 10.51 x 10.51 inches||1 pound||3 - 6 years||Word Games|
|Spin Master Perplexus Light Speed Maze - Best for Boys Aged 6 - 8||9 x 12.4 x 4 inches||1.26 ounces||8 - 10 years||Maze|
|Pressman Mastermind Code Maker Vs. Codebreaker Game - Best for Boys Aged 9 - 11||11.5 x 2.25 x 10.5 inches||8 ounces||8+||Logic Games|
|EverPlus Bluetooth 5.0 Beanie for Men - Best for Teenagers||9.75 (W) x 8.5 (H) inches||3.8 ounces||10+||Sports Fan Headphones|
|Geospace Jumparoo Bungee Boing Foam - Best for Sport-lover||20 x 4.5 x 10.25 inches||1.2 pounds||3+||Sports & Outdoor Play|
|Hot Wheels Monster Trucks Play Set - Best for Who Love Trucks||10.48 x 17.93 x 14.67 inches||2.55 pounds||4 - 8 years||Play Vehicles|
|Beyblade Burst Turbo Slingshock Set Game - Best for Who Love Games||3.56 x 17 x 14.5 inches||15.1 ounces||8+||Gaming Tops|
|National Geographic Dino Fossil Dig Kit - Best for Dinosaur-lovers||9.25 x 2.25 x 6.25 inches||8.1 ounces||8+||Science Kits & Toys|
|Vimpro Musical Piano Mat - Best for Music-lover||15 x 9.6 x 1.7 inches||2.4 ounces||13 months - 6 years||Electronic Dance Mat|
|Kinetic Sand Shimmering Magic Sand - Best for Who Loves Art & Craft||3.2 x 8 x 11.75 inches||3.32 pounds||3+||Sand Art|
|Silvotek Kids Night Light Projector - Best for Who Loves Space||5.12 x 5.12 x 5.12 inches||12.3 ounces||For all ages||Night Lights|
Okay, now you’ve had an overall look at all the suggested gifts. I give you all the info you need to choose the best gifts for boys in 2021 below.
Top 15 Best Gift for Boys Reviews 2021
Buying a gift is a personal choice, but it doesn’t mean that you cannot ask for a little help. As you’ve already known the suggested list of best gifts for boys, let’s learn about each product’s pros & cons.
1. Brio World Deluxe Railway Set
BRIO World is a well-known Sweden brand with a reputation for making the highest quality wooden toys since 1884.
This set is a real investment to amuse and educate the child about transportation at the same time. It demonstrates almost every kind of road transport globally, such as trucks, freight trains, passenger trains, and metro with cranes, bridges, railway, stations, harbor & traffic signs.
The set takes up a lot of space when it is all put together (actually, it was so much larger than I expected).
- Made with FSC-certified beech wood with 6 coats of water-based lacquer
- It contains 87 elements so the boy can build anything he likes
- Open-ended play system which means endless possible combinations
- Batteries included
- Last you a lifetime (you may pass on to your grandchild)
- Compatible with all other products from BRIO World
- Safe for your boy with no small parts which might cause a choking hazard
- Environmental-friendly materials
- Not wallet-friendly
- It takes up a lot of room when fully set up
|Dimensions||3.56 x 17 x 14.5 inches|
Watch the process of building and playing this set in real life here: Brio Deluxe Railway Set.
2. Faber Castell Creativity For Kids Bitty Books
I believe a precious gift doesn’t need a fortune. It’s your thoughtfulness that matters, so which in the world can be interesting at a low cost?
Faber Castell, a famous art supplier, offers you 3 big hardcovers with 24 blank pages each, and color markers to paint, stickers (so the kids can save a little time for drawing) in one single set.
The manufacture is thoughtful as they also include a book holder and bookplates for our “professional authors” to sign for fans. All the materials used in the set are high-quality. Even the markers are pigmented and vibrant, which kids love.
Kids love stories, and is it astounding if they can create their own? These unique “books” from Faber Castell will guarantee a wonderful time creating an imaginary world.
- Includes a full kit for the young story-teller: Hardcover books (24 blank pages), 6 mini markers, 3 bookplates for signing, 100+ stickers & a book holder
- Non-toxic and safe for 4+ years old kids
- Sharpen the storytelling, fine-motor skills, and logic
- High-quality materials
- Travel Friendly
- Great for all ages
- Excellent for gifting; you don’t need to buy any extra pieces of stuff
- The size of books might be a little small for a creative mind
|Dimensions||9.6 x 9.6 x 2 inches|
|Category||Arts and Crafts|
3. Infantino Lil’ Nibble Teethers Pea Pod
(Best for Newborns)
Babies often get their first tooth between 6 and 10 months old. Teething can get hectic with the baby being cranky, drooling, and crying all day long due to sore gums.
This is when the teether comes in handy. It can soothe and calm the baby down. My tip is that you can chill the teether in the fridge for 10-15 minutes until it is slightly cool but not cold.
Because the baby chews the teether directly, it’s crucial to look for safe ingredients. Infantino teether is made from BPA free silicone without any harmful chemicals. The size is suitable for your little one to grasp, calm, and have fun.
- Handmade from silicone with no BPA, PVC, Parabens, Phthalates
- Peapod shape that is easy to grasp and fun-colored
- Easy to clean for mom
- Environmentally sustainable
- Great design suits infants perfectly
- Great for calming baby when teething
- Safe for newborns
- Improve your child’s sensory-motor skills
- Relatively heavy compared with other teethers in the market
|Dimensions||5.25 x 1.25 x 6.25 inches|
|Material||BPA free silicone|
|Category||Baby Teether Toys|
(Best for Toddlers (1-3 Years Old))
From 12 months of age, babies tend to have a better understanding of the surrounding world. They try to explore everything which attracts them. Physical activities also increase, along with hand-eye coordination.
Infinno Water Play Mat is appealing for babies and mess-free, hassle-free for parents. Don’t worry about leaking problems. The brand has tested each and every play mat, so it’ll never wet your baby.
Some people complained about the mold growing inside after several days, but I followed the instructions (add a teaspoon of white vinegar into the water and replace it every 1-2 weeks) and saw no problem at all.
- 100% BPA-free and non-toxic, heavy PVC
- Completely leak-proof
- Foldable, suitable for indoor, outdoor, travel
- Easy to fill and empty
- Colorful sea animals allow the baby to stimulate and encourage brain development
- Develop baby’s head, neck, and shoulder muscles
- Refine the hand-eye coordination, fine motor, and social skills of infants
- Easy to get molded inside
- Plastic chemical smell
|Dimensions||7.52 x 6.18 x 2.13 inches|
|Material||BPA-free and non-toxic plastic|
|Category||Baby Gym & Playmats|
5. Hasbro Gaming Boggle Junior First Boggle Game
(Best for Preschoolers)
That is the age when your kids start to acquire more complex skills, such as problem-solving, critical thinking, memory. Their language skill also becomes more sophisticated, which will be useful for their early education.
Hasbro’s word game is suitable for single to two players, so your boy can play by himself or with his friend. The pictures printed on cards are more on the simple side, fun for kids, but I expect more detailed and real-life images.
Games will actively & excitingly engage their brains. This game is my go-to choice for playdates – an effective way to teach kids some social skills before going to school.
- 2 multi-level matching games
- 30 picture cards with 60 three- and four-letter words, and 8 cubes
- For 1-2 players, ages 3+
- Easy enough for preschool kids
- No battery needed
- Travel friendly
- Introduce letter and word recognition, matching, and spelling in an enjoyable way
- Maybe too easy for children 6-year-old and above
|Dimensions||2.01 x 10.51 x 10.51 inches|
6. Spin Master Perplexus Light Speed Maze
(Best for Boy Aged 6 – 8)
Which toy can help your son practice patience without boring him after a couple of minutes? Or take intense concentration and be joyful at the same time? The best toy for boys this age must be a Perplexus maze.
This version is challenging since it requires good hand-eye coordination and fast reaction, but not too difficult for the boys to get frustrated. Perplexus Light Speed has many levels and modes to play, definitely keep kids entertained for a long time instead of collecting dust after a short while.
A minor downside is the annoying sounds (but the kid seems to love that “invigorating” sound effects). If you dislike it as I do, there is an instruction to turn it off printed on the packaging.
- Colorful 3D maze
- 3 modes, 20 levels with increasing difficulty
- AAA batteries included
- Many levels from beginner to advanced
- Light and sounds give more excitement to your kids
- Improve agility, focus, and hand-eye coordination
- Loud sounds & flashing light may get annoying for parents
- Unclear instructions
|Dimensions||9 x 12.4 x 4 inches|
7. Pressman Mastermind Code Maker Vs. Codebreaker Game
(Best for Boy Aged 9 – 11)
Children at this age understand the necessary math calculations. It’s time to level up and learn logic. This game is no stranger. Most of my friends and I played it a lot when we were kids. I guess it is going to hold the must-have game position for a long time.
Pressman has developed and put more colors to the old school game making it more attractive to young generations. Although the manufacturer said, it is for 9- to 11-year-old kids, rest assured that this game can engage many ages, even teenagers (and some adults who just love games).
- One of the best-selling games with more than 55 million units sold
- More than 2,000 possible combinations make the game different every time
- Built-in storage tray and code peg shield, 108 code pegs in 6 colors, 30 key pegs in two colors, and complete instructions
- Renew version of a popular game
- Easy to learn but hard to get bored
- Develop STEM and STEAM skills like deductive reasoning and logic
- Great value for money
- Made of material that feels a little cheap to touch
|Dimensions||11.5 x 2.25 x 10.5 inches|
|Category||Strategy Board Games|
If you want to see it in real life, please watch the video:
8. EverPlus Bluetooth 5.0 Beanie for Men
(Best for Teenager)
If you ask me who is the most difficult to choose gifts for, my answer can be no other than a teenager. Not to mention puberty making them almost predictable, these young kids are also obsessed with trends, which change every minute thanks to social media.
Don’t worry! I got you covered. Teens love technology stuff and even better if it is fashionable. This unique beanie Soundbot is the best seller of its kind for a reason. What more could you ask for high quality, stylish yet convenient to wear, reasonable price & a 1-year warranty?
- Lithium-ion batteries required
- Only 2-hour charging time and you can play music up to 12 hours & 720 hours of standby time
- Built-in mic for hands-free calling
- Bluetooth 5.0 with effective range up to 65ft
- Stylish design with many options of colors
- Windproof, ultra-thick yet soft material
- Significantly long service time
- Decent quality of music
- One size only, so please consider if your boy has a big head
- Colors may vary
- Poor on noise cancellation
|Dimensions||8.7 x 10 x 1 inches|
|Material||Beanie: 30% Alpaca wool, 30% merino wool, 10% elastane, 30% acryl|
9. Geospace Jumparoo Bungee Boing Toy
(Best for Sport-lover)
Schoolboys are taught several sports, so you can base on their favorite one to choose a proper gift. Preschoolers might be more rigid. My advice for this case is a classic, for-all-ages pogo play.
Don’t worry about safety! This Bungee Boing version is at beginner-level, a sweet start for little boys. You can upgrade to advanced pogo later. The best part is that it can play indoor, outdoor, easy to clean, and store.
Geospace chose superiority materials for the Bungee Boing. I was really impressed by how much weight it held when I tried jumping on it for almost an hour (forgive me, an adult wants to have fun), and it had no sign of breaking.
- Substantial with strong yet stretchy materials for your children’s safety
- For all size riders from 3-8 years old
- Suitable for indoor, outdoor, and travel
- Made-to-last quality
- Easy to play for every kid
- Suitable for all ages
- Improve a child’s endurance, coordination, strength, and balance
- Squeaker with every jump may get annoying
|Dimensions||10 x 3 x 5 inches|
|Material||Foam, plastic, and rubber|
|Category||Sports & Outdoor Play|
Do you find it interesting? This video will give you a closer look:
10. Hot Wheels Monster Trucks Playset
(Best for Who Love Trucks)
For some reason, 90% of the boys I have ever known love trucks, and they enjoy racing even more. That’s why this is my no-brainer toy to give when I have no idea about the child’s hobby or taste.
This Hot Wheels Monster Trucks Epic Loop Challenge Set includes those 2 factors: trucks & a giant loop promising marvelous and thrilling races. Moreover, each family member can choose their own and race together with other truck sets from the same brand.
- Epic loop size for crazy challenge and fun
- Includes a launcher, a ramp, a 1:64 scale vehicle, and a monster truck
- Two racing lanes, but only one will land in the winner’s circle
- Easy to set up & play
- Increase good sportsmanship
- Not require any battery
- Compatible with some other truck sets of Hot Wheel (sold separately)
- Vehicle styles may vary
- Not so long-lasting
|Dimensions||10.48 x 17.93 x 14.67 inches|
For more information and review from other users, please watch the video:
11. Beyblade Burst Turbo Slingshock Rail Rush Battle Set Game
(Best for Game-lover)
Beyblade Burst was originally a legendary manga and anime series. Thousands of kids from Asia to Europe, America, and around the world love the story. Beyblade has become a well-known game since then, even for non-fans.
The battle rings are designed with delicate details, vivid colors and made from not cheap plastic but real metal which helps them spin for a longer time. I must say those rings look nearly the same as in the anime and feel very nice to hold in hand.
Together with the Beyblade stadium, they give an authentic feeling of upcoming heated confrontations, which is undoubtedly an adrenaline boost for both players and audiences.
- Beyblade Burst Slingshock tech features a dual rail system
- Two different modes to ride the rail
- Beyblade Burst App offers battle virtually in an epic stadium atmosphere
- Well-built and enduring
- Best gift for an anime lover
- No battery required
- Encourage the positive competitive spirit
- Maybe too easy for children 6-year-olds and above
|Dimensions||3.56 x 17 x 14.5 inches|
Watch the video if you want to know more about this product:
12. National Geographic Dino Fossil Dig Kit
(Best Gifts for Boy Who Love Dinosaurs)
I don’t need to say much. The name “National Geographic” speaks for itself. It may seem dull to dig some dirty bricks and take out a couple of animals’ petrified remains. Only the dino-lover hearts understand and cherish this gift.
A real dinosaur fossil can get a dino fan screaming all day, and now we get 3! Not just ancient bones, you’ll get an informative learning guide edited by NatGeo. I am confident this is more valued and fun than 10 lessons about dinos at school.
After the boys are done with fossils in the kit, they can continue their search on prehistory remnants with the digging tools, magnifying glass and a heart raving for archeological missions.
- 3 real dinosaur fossils from around the world
- National Geographic’s full-color learning guide
- 1 set of archaeological digging tools & magnifying glass
- Perfect gift for dinosaur lover kids
- Offer hands-on activities
- Cultivate the love of history and science
- Fossils become impressive decor objects for boy’s room
- It might get messy & dirty all over your place
|Dimensions||9.25 x 2.25 x 6.25 inches|
|Category||Science Kits & Toys|
Here is the detailed unboxing and review video from Youtube that I find helpful:
13. Vimpro Musical Piano Mat
(Best for Music-lover)
Music brings us so many benefits, especially for children at their early stages. Music ignites all child development areas, such as intellectual, language, motor, social-emotional, memory, and overall literacy.
Kids from a very young age, even infants, express themselves through music. They giggle, dance, move hands, and sing (or sometimes “compose” songs that they can hardly remember later) in response to music.
This music playmat contains 9 keyboard keys, which will introduce kids to music in a fun way. A sweet start to become a new great artist in the future!
- 10 built-in demos, 5 modes
- 8 musical instruments
- Adjustable volume
- Foldable, lightweight, easy to set up and store
- Fosters creativity, memory, patience, social skills, etc.
- Made from non-woven and non-toxic cloth
- Needs no battery
- Small for a child 4 years old and above
|Dimensions||15 x 9.6 x 1.7 inches|
Please watch this video if you wish for a comprehensive review:
14. Kinetic Sand Shimmering Magic Sand
(Best Gift for Boy Who Loves Art & Craft)
Do you remember how happy the kids are at the beach when they play with sand & sun? Now, there’s no need to go a long way to have fun with kinetic sand.
It is just as it sounds, the sand that oozes, moves, and flows through fingers like real sand. It leaves those little fingers completely dry, but it holds the shape as we want when pressed together.
Kinetic sand is said to help kids with fidgeting and anxiety. It is softer, more comfortable to knead than Play-Doh. In case your kid’s hands are weak, choose Kinetic Sand instead.
Another big reason to buy kinetic sand: it can be cleaned up as easy as pie, with no mess behind. When it dries out, you just need to add a couple drops of water and knead until it is soft again.
- Squeezable, moldable, stretchy sand
- Magically shimmering sand without wheat, gluten, and casein
- Stimulates your children’s creative skills
- Easy to clean up
- It helps relieve stress and anxiety.
- Parents and children can play together
- The glitter may stick after wash-up
- The sand stains a little bit
|Dimensions||7.25 x 1.75 x 8.5 inches|
|Material||98% sand, 2% Polymers|
Watch the unboxing and review video here:
15. Silvotek Kids Night Light Projector
(Best Gift for Boy Who Loves Space)
My little boy once asked me to pick stars for him to light up his room. Have you ever wanted a twinkling ceiling as Hogwarts’s Great Hall? These things need magic, but with technology, we can get there very nearly. I am talking about this beautiful Silvotek Night Light!
The product offers a wide variety of scenes. Every night my kid and I choose a theme, and we talk, tell stories related to it. The lightness is pleasant and calming to sleep, but still bright enough to represent the ceiling figures.
Any drawbacks? Of course, the bigger the room is, the less clear the images are. Bear this in mind before buying any Light Projector.
- 360 degree rotation + 3 different brightness modes + 6 different color modes
- 7 groups films: moon, star & moon, constellation, sea world, happy birthday, solar system & the 8 planets, nebula
- 2 options of power supply: AA battery and USB port
- Beautiful gift box packing
- Fit perfectly for bedtime stories
- Very quiet so it won’t affect your child’s sleep
- Easy to operate
- Need to handle with care
- Suitable for small room only
|Dimensions||5.12 x 5.12 x 5.12 inches|
What To Consider When Buying Gifts for Boys?
Now you’ve got a comprehensive view of what to choose as gifts, here are my top criteria so you can ask yourself before clicking the “add to cart” button.
Is It Safe For Children?
First and foremost, this is the crucial question to ask before buying anything for your kid. Look carefully at the parts of the toy and the information on the packaging. Is there any safety warning? Does it have anything that your child is allergic to? Does it contain small chunks that he can choke?
At home, parents should check toys periodically to assure that they aren’t broken or unusable. Repair or throw broken toys away at the right time. When the kids are playing, they also need us to supervise, teach them how to play safely while having fun, direct them to put toys away.
Is The Age Range Suitable?
The perfect toy you choose is meaningless if it is beyond your kid’s comprehension, or giving the boy a gift made for younger children, and he might think you are insulting him. I don’t know what is worse.
Please remember to read labels carefully to make sure a toy is right for a child’s age. You can consult Guidelines published by the CPSC for further information.
Besides, you should consider your child’s temperament & habits before making a purchase. Keep in mind that safety factors, not intelligence determine the age levels for playthings.
Will The Boys Be Interested In That Present?
It’s definitely a mistake if you give something YOU like, not what the boys like instead. Every child is different. Some love sports, some love math.
Here’s good news, boys are straight-forward, so it’s not hard to trace their interests. Ask some simple questions during the casual chit chat & you’ll get tons of clues about gifts they desire.
Is It “Cool”?
No need to worry about this if you are finding a gift for toddlers and preschoolers. However, in the tween years, kids start to develop opinions on things. It means the “cool” factor is crucial to them.
You’ll want to get him a gift he will think is trendy because he must show it to his friend. Browsing social media or researching the best-selling toys of that year will give you all the help you need.
How To Clean And Store Your Toys?
First thing first, you need to pay attention to hygiene because children’s immune systems are not as fully developed as ours.
My tip is washing the toys with soap and water to remove dirt before and after playing. Every week, I use disinfectant spray/wipes on toys and the floor, wait 3-5 minutes, then rinse with a damped clean towel.
To organize toys, I found great help from Marie Kondo’s tidying method. Her principles can come down to 2 principles: regularly decluttering (what doesn’t “spark joy”) and using many see-through containers, each one carries the same size or material toys.
I use open-bin rolling carts to quickly move them around the house for playdates or cleaning the floor.
Here are some most asked questions on gifts for boys that I answered. I believe they are helpful for your research.
My Top Pick
As I stated earlier, every kid is different, so it is impossible to say what gift is the best.
For my preference, National Geographic Dino Fossil Dig Kit is the one to go. It ticks all the boxes: fun, educational, well-thought, well-made, and great value for money (and I am a big dino-lover, too).
Whatever the gifts are, as long as you put your heart and soul into it, I believe the boys get it and remember. I hope that these reviews help your shopping this year a little bit easier and your precious boy has the best fun ever.
Have you decided on your go-to gifts? Tell me in the comment below.