The best grill set is a great gift for our kids when summer is coming. Let’s give them an exciting and meaningful product.
Children will be excited and enjoyable when preparing hearty BBQ parties with favorite dishes for relatives and friends. Moreover, it helps children develop their imagination, creativity, skill and increases interaction between children and people.
- Why Should The Grill Sets Be Present In My Baby’s Toy List?
- Best Brands Of Grill Sets for Kids
- Which Are The Best Grill Sets for Kids?
- Best Grill Sets for Kids Comparison Chart 2021
- Reviews Of The Best Grill Sets for Kids in 2021
- 1. Step2 Sizzle Sound And Smoke Effect Grill Sets For Kids
- 2. Melissa & Doug Imagination And Creativity-Sparking Grill Sets For Kids
- 3. Theo Klein 9400-TK Weber Grillsets for Kids
- 4. Learning Resources 22-Piece Grill Sets for Kids
- 5. LeapFrog 3 Play Modes Grill Sets for Kids
- 6. Little Tikes 2 Age Grade Configurations Grill Sets for Kids
- 7. Think Gizmos Colour Changing Food Grill Sets for Kids
- 8. LBLA Safe and Convenient Grill Sets for Kids
- 9. Little Tikes 8-Pieces Playset Grill Sets for Kids
- 10. Step2 Multiple Play Station Grill Sets for Kids
- 11. Hape Non-Toxic and Safe Wooden Grill Sets for Kids
- 12. World Tech Toys Fun And Safe Grill Sets for Kids
- 13. Hey! Play! Realistic Sounds and Grate Lights Grill Sets for Kids
- 14. Melissa & Doug Colorful Wooden Pieces Grill Sets for Kids
- 15. Educational Insights On-The-Go Grill Sets for Kids
- Things You Should Consider When Buying Grill Sets for Kids
- My Top Pick
Why Should The Grill Sets Be Present In My Baby’s Toy List?
Like so many other products for kids, the grill set not only keeps children busy for hours with pretend food pieces and cooking utensils, but it also provides additional benefits for physical and brain development. Here are some outstanding advantages that the grill sets bring to your child.
Make Kids Fun
The kids tend to follow what adults do, so they will be extremely excited to have a grill set to prepare exciting summer BBQ parties, from pretending food pieces and cooking utensils. The light effects of the grill and the sizzling sound like food are being cooked will keep children happy for hours.
Arousing Passion For Cooking
The full range of barbeque products and tools to help children get used to the kitchen tasks inspire children to be passionate about cooking, preparing new dishes, and possibly creating genius chefs in the future.
Increase Imagination And Creativity
The grill sets products are toys rich in imagination, let children create their own stories, role-play as chefs serving food for everyone. It helps children to exercise their brain, train creative thinking, arrange work, and solve problems.
A wide range of accessories will be an excellent way for your child to develop language skills, expand vocabulary, and interact more as they play w
The pretend grill set is an excellent toy for children to enhance physical development; it requires more activity, develops fine motor skills, and promotes skillful hand-eye coordination for baking, turning, and picking up the plate’s food.
ith friends or parents. From there, helping children form and develop new social skills and improve their language proficiency.
Best Brands Of Grill Sets for Kids
If you are confused when looking to buy the best grill sets for your child in the array of different products on the market, check out these famous brands’ products. They won’t disappoint you.
Step2 is a significant brand specializing in the production of toys for preschoolers and toddlers in America. It is also the world’s largest producer of spinning plastic toys. Its products provide many functions simultaneously, helping to stimulate creativity, imagination, and develop skills.
For example, the grill set products come with a variety of accessories, including pretend food items and cooking utensils that allow children to expand their vocabulary about food and practice fine motor skills.
Melissa & Doug
It is a renowned American children’s toys manufacturer established in 1988 with a wide range of products such as jigsaw toys, art craft products, educational toys, barbecue sets, and more.
Like many other products, Melissa & Doug’s children’s grill set is made of wood for sturdy to use long, simple, and compact design does not take much space and does not require complicated assembly.
Little Tikes has the main headquarter in Hudson, Ohio, and has distribution branches in Asia and Europe. It specializes in providing interesting toys for children of many different ages. This brand’s products bring kids moments of fun, discover themselves, develop social skills, and increase interaction when playing with parents or friends.
Moreover, they may arouse hidden passions for kids, for example, passionate about cooking with the grill set products.
Which Are The Best Grill Sets for Kids?
One of the best grill set products come from Step2 brand, and it gives children realistic experiences baking food with interesting sizzling sounds and smoke effect.
Little Tikes and Melissa & Doug brands also provide great products for kids to use their imagination and creativity to make BBQ parties with many pretend food items and cooking tools.
Now I give you more options with the top 15 best grill sets for kids. Check it out to find the most suitable products for your child.
- Best Overall: Step2 Sizzle Sound And Smoke Effect Grill Sets For Kids
“Have many pretend food and cooking tools, make kids fun with sizzling sounds and smoke effect, improve the children’s imagination and creativity, lightweight.”
- Best Budget: Melissa & Doug Imagination And Creativity-Sparking Grill Sets For Kids
“Ideal gift for kids, promote hand and eye coordination, include 20 pieces of pretend food, come with a checkered paper placemat, made from wood, affordable price.”
- Best Educational: LeapFrog 3 Play Modes Grill Sets For Kids
“Include 3 modes for play, learn and music, give kids vocabularies aboutfoods with rhythms, phrases, help children recognize color and number from 1 to 10.”
- Best Design: Little Tikes 2 Age Grade Configurations Grill Sets For Kids
“Like a gas grill of adults, allow to play indoor or outside, can adjust the height of the grill, suitable for many kids, easy to assemble, no need batteries.”
- Best Compact: LBLA Safe And Convenient Grill Sets For Kids
“Made from ABS plastic, compact in size, light in weight, easy to set up and remove, do not take too much space, can emit light, sound, and smoke effects.”
- Best Without Batteries: Little Tikes 8-Pieces Playset Grill Sets For Kids
“Have dual grill, lid sink, and side burner, come with towel bar for easy cleanup, allow kids to make their baking stories, still make children fun with no batteries.”
- Best Multiple Play Station: Step2 Multiple Play Station Grill Sets For Kids
“Ideal product with full equipment, help kids get used to with real kitchen, offer 103 pieces of accessories, easy to store tools in cabinets, have several stations to play.”
- Best With Rotisserie: World Tech Toys Fun And Safe Grill Sets For Kids
“Make fun with automatic rotisserie, have kid-friendly tools, provide vivid sizzling sounds, have wheels for easy remove, nice color, not challenging to set up.”
- Best Durable: Melissa & Doug Colorful Wooden Pieces Grill Sets For Kids
“Inspire a cooking passion for kids, allow children to express themselves confidently, do not required batteries, made from wood, well-structure for a long term of use.”
- Best for Camping: Educational Insights On-The-Go Grill Sets For Kids
“Excellentbarbecue set for camping or traveling, light enough for kids to carry, no complicated assembly, give realistic boiling and fizzing sounds.”
Best Grill Sets for Kids Comparison Chart 2021
The table below will give you the main characteristics of the top 15 best grill sets for kids to help you find the best one for your baby. Let’s take a look!
|Product Name||Dimensions||Weight||Material||Recommended Age|
|Step2 Sizzle Sound And Smoke Effect Grill Sets For Kids - Best Overall||13.25 x 38.5 x 26 inches||15.8 ounces||Plastic||3-10 years old|
|Melissa & Doug Imagination And Creativity-Sparking Grill Sets For Kids - Best Budget||2.4 x 13 x 10.4 inches||1.8 pounds||Wood||3-5 years old|
|Theo Klein 9400-TK Weber GrillSets For Kids||7.9 x 12.6 x 23.2 inches||3.3 pounds||Plastic||3 years and up|
|Learning Resources 22-Piece Grill Sets For Kids||12 x 9 x 5 inches||2.13 pounds||Plastic||18 months-4 years|
|LeapFrog 3 Play Modes Grill Sets For Kids - Best Educational||9.88 x 20.79 x 17.13 inches||6.42 pounds||Plastic||2-5 years old|
|Little Tikes 2 Age Grade Configurations Grill Sets For Kids - Best Design||23.25 x 10.5 x 25.5 inches||8 pounds||Plastic||2-10 years old|
|Think Gizmos Colour Changing Food Grill Sets For Kids||15.55 x 10.63 x 19.69 inches||2.24 pounds||Plastic||3 years and up|
|LBLA Safe And Convenient Grill Sets For Kids - Best Compact||9.96 x 9.72 x 5.55 inches||1.83 pounds||ABS||3 years and up|
|Little Tikes 8-Pieces Playset Grill Sets For Kids - Best Without Batteries||11 x 24 x 28 inches||10.14 pounds||Plastic||2-7 years old|
|Step2 Multiple Play Station Grill Sets For Kids - Best Multiple Play Station||50.75 x 36.38 x 47.01 inches||33.7 pounds||Plastic||2-8 years old|
|Hape Non-Toxic And Safe Wooden Grill Sets For Kids||Not specified||16.53 pounds||Wood||3-5 years old|
|World Tech Toys Fun And Safe Grill Sets For Kids - Best With Rotisserie||16 x 4.5 x 22.25 inches||5.84 pounds||Plastic||3-15 years old|
|Hey! Play! Realistic Sounds and Grate Lights Grill Sets For Kids||10.25 x 12.5 x 27 inches||2.2 pounds||Plastic||3 years and up|
|Melissa & Doug Colorful Wooden Pieces Grill Sets For Kids - Best Durable||5 x 5 x 5 inches||6.3 pounds||Wood||3-6 years old|
|Educational Insights On-The-Go Grill Sets For Kids - Best for Camping||7.5 x 13 x 9 inches||9.6 ounces||Plastic||3-12 years old|
Reviews Of The Best Grill Sets for Kids in 2021
Read carefully main reviews of the top 15 best grill sets for kids to have more information and make the right purchase.
1. Step2 Sizzle Sound And Smoke Effect Grill Sets For Kids
The grill set is a great addition to your child’s toy set. It allows children to show the cookout with their friends to prepare outdoor BBQ parties with a full range of delicious dishes, from burgers, sausages to delicious steaks, and it makes them fun a lot.
The product has the lift-up grill lid, the oven to bake food, and the grill knobs that can create a ‘clicking’ sound. Moreover, it features sizzling sounds and smoke effects thanks to water vapor to give children a joyful experience like actually baking real food.
The grill also has a side burner to expand the cooking area, and the sink has a faucet for kids to practice cleaning the dishes after cooking. The product enhances children’s imagination when preparing foods and helps them get used to the kitchen.
- Have an extra cooking area
- Give sound and smoke effect
- The grill knob makes a clicking sound
- Allow kids to play outdoor with their friends
- Give it realistic baking experiences
- Improve children imagination
- Give them knowledge about food and kitchen
- No challenge to put parts together, and they are sturdy
- The batteries do not go with the product
|Number of pieces||15|
|Age||3-10 years old|
Let’s watch a video to know how to use this grill set’s functions, and it will give you a realistic sizzle sound that makes children interesting.
2. Melissa & Doug Imagination And Creativity-Sparking Grill Sets For Kids
You will have an ideal gift for kids aged 3-5 with the Melissa & Doug wooden BBQ grill set. The product will arouse imagination, creativity, hand, and eye coordination when baking and serving pretend dishes.
It includes 20 pieces of pretend food that are familiar and popular baked goods such as hotdog, hamburgers, chicken, steak, ribs, and burgers. Besides, the food pieces have one side cooked, and another side is undercooked so that the baby uses a spoon or tongs to turn it over like real cooking.
The grill has a temperature control knob and 4 self-stick tabs to stick pieces together, and they will make a crunch sound when your child cuts them with a friendly knife.
The product comes with a paper checkered placemat to serve food on it. The storage of pretend food and utensils is simple, just turn the grill over and put the pieces in.
- Come with 20 pieces of pretend food
- Have 4 self-stick tabs
- Simple design
- Come with a checkered paper placemat
- Arouse imagination, creativity for kids
- Improve hand and eye coordination skill
- The set is solid and durable with wood material
- Interesting to play with uncooked and cooked sides of the food
- Pretend food come in nice colors
- The grill box is quite cheap-made
|Brand||Melissa & Doug|
|Number of pieces||20|
|Age||3-5 years old|
A video gives you a real look at food pieces and how this grill set makes kids fun and engaging. Watch it to know more!
3. Theo Klein 9400-TK Weber Grillsets for Kids
This Klein’s traditional Weber grill sets will give your children fun moments with familiar dishes and a wonderful cooking experience while participating in BBQ parties’ preparation with the family.
It includes 6 pieces of pretend food, such as steak, shrimp, seafood, pepper, onions, and tomatoes, to cook classic dishes. Furthermore, it has tongs, and the pretend lighter, and 2 attached removable grates that allow the child to change during the cooking process.
The highlight of the grill set that kids will enjoy is the charcoal’s sound and light that comes out when burning them, so the kids will think the food is being baked. The product operates thanks to 3 AAA batteries.
- Work with 3 AAA batteries (required)
- Include 6 pretend foods
- Have 2 removable grates
- Give children great and realistic grill experiences
- Make kids fun with light and sound charcoal
- Easy to set up
- The accessories look good and sturdy
- Allow to play indoor or outside
- You may find it’s quite small for your kids
|Number of pieces||10|
|Batteries required||3 AAA|
|Age||3 years and up|
There is a useful video helping you assemble parts of the grill set and watch it first to set up the product easily.
4. Learning Resources 22-Piece Grill Sets for Kids
This grill set will ignite the kids’ passion for cooking, letting them imagine, and cooking the foods they love. The product includes 22 pieces with a kettle-style, a detachable grate, different pretend food, and a clamp for removing food from the grill.
The game will help children practice motor skills, rhythmic coordination between hands and eyes. Moreover, it provides children to have vocabulary about foods and increases interaction when playing with partners.
The pieces of food and utensils can be easily stored in the grill; it’s neat, and do not worry about losing them. The product is made from a special soft material, does not contain sharp edges, is safe for the baby, crush-resistant, comfortable to touch.
- Include a 22-piece set
- Suitable to play outside and inside
- Pretend foods have nice color
- Made from soft materials
- Improve fine motor skills and hand-eye coordination
- Come with many food items
- Provide cooking vocabularies
- Able to store foods and clamp into the grill for neat and convenient
- Perfect size for small children
- Its price is quite high
|Number of pieces||22|
|Age||18 months-4 years|
5. LeapFrog 3 Play Modes Grill Sets for Kids
If you are searching for a toy that will entertain your kid and gain knowledge, you should not ignore this product. The BBQ grill set includes 3 modes Learn, Play, and Music, with knobs to adjust the temperature, rhythms, phrases, and sound effects to help your baby have a real cooking experience.
When place piece on the skewer, the grill will make a sound to recognizes the food and its color. It also comes with tongs, spoons, plates, and pretend sauce.
Moreover, it helps children know the names of 9 food pieces, recognize colors, add vocabulary about food, and learn about the numbers from 1 to 10. Music and messages from this product will increase interaction for children and improve their language skills.
All accessories can be kept inside the compartment on the grill’s front for convenient storage and cleanliness. Besides, the product works thanks to 2 AA batteries.
- Have 3 modes to play and learn
- Offer sound and light
- Include Temperature dial with numbers
- Make kids fun with music
- Give children more interaction
- Improve language skills and learn about numbers and food
- Easy to store pieces into the compartment on the front of the grill
- No need to buy batteries individually
- Sometimes the buttons do not work well
|Number of pieces||16|
|Age||2-5 years old|
Here is a video that gives the instructions to use the features of this grill set. Let’s watch it to guide your kids.
6. Little Tikes 2 Age Grade Configurations Grill Sets for Kids
The Little Tikes product set has the design of a gas grill for adults, and it allows your child to play indoors or outdoors. It keeps kids busy for hours preparing delicious barbecue dishes for the whole family, and of course, just the pretend food.
The product includes clicking knobs, start button, dual grill, side burner, lid, sink, and a drawer to hold accessories when not playing to ensure they are not lost and present everywhere inside your house.
One great advantage of this grill is that you can change its height, expand, or compact to suit your child’s height. Therefore, it can accompany children for a long time following their development, and help you save money.
- Can change its height
- No need batteries
- No sound and no light
- Have design like an adult gas grill
- Make food busy and fun to cook food
- Convenient and clean with the drawer to store accessories
- Provide many play-areas
- Easy to assemble
- It is a well-made structure and durable
- The food pieces included may not enough for some kids to play
- Do not have sound and light to simulate the cooking experience
|Number of pieces||Pair of tongs, spatula, hamburger and bun, hot dog and bun, a bottle of ketchup|
|Age||2-10 years old|
Watch a video right if you want to know how to set up the grill set and adjust its size
7. Think Gizmos Colour Changing Food Grill Sets for Kids
The grill set by Think Gizmos allows children to create their BBQ event with the foods they love and is made to their style. It includes cooking utensils, plates, and dishes to help children thoughtfully prepare food.
What sets this toy apart from conventional grill sets is that the pretend food pieces can change color when kept in the baking area, helping your kids feel like they bake real food.
The product also creates lights and sounds that increase authenticity and bring children to experience fun and passionate cooking. The product is made of solid plastic, non-toxic, safe for children, and provides a full range of accessories, including batteries.
- Food can change color
- Make light and noise
- Approximately 50cm in height
- Made from non-toxic and recyclable material
- Easy to control with dials on the front of the grill
- Make kids creative and passionate about cooking
- Develop fine motor skills, cognitive and concentration
- The batteries are included
- Perfect for making it as a gift for kids on birthdays or holidays
- It may be a small size for some children
- Have a small amount of pretend food
|Number of pieces||Cookware, plates, and color-changing foods, cooking tools|
|Age||3 years and up|
8. LBLA Safe and Convenient Grill Sets for Kids
A compact design offers a great experience for children to bake favorite dishes for pretend BBQ parties. It provides pieces of food, sauces, and tools necessary to prepare a hearty meal.
Add water to the grill, press on/off buttons on the left-hand side, and see smoke effects. It also emits light and sound to keep kids excited and want to play it repeatedly. The product is made of high-quality ABS material, has good durability allowing it to last long in the baby toy cabinet.
It is designed with rounded edges to ensure safety and not injure your child. The product is compact, light in weight, easy to assemble, and can store all the included accessories, neat and convenient to move.
- Work with 3AA batteries
- Made from high-quality ABS material
- Offer light, sound, and smoke effects
- Compact design
- Give kids realistic experiences when baking foods
- Enhance fine motor skills
- It is durable, lightweight, and convenient to move
- Great toy to make kids fun a lot
- Accessories are nice and cute
- The batteries are not included
|Batteries required||3 AA|
|Number of pieces||19|
|Age||3 years and up|
Let’s watch a reviewing video to know how to set up the grill set and how it fun with smoke effects:
9. Little Tikes 8-Pieces Playset Grill Sets for Kids
(Best Without Batteries)
You are never going wrong when choosing Little Tikes with high-quality products, and the grill set is an excellent toy for kids this summer. It is like a real gas with a dual grill, lid sink, and side burner, allowing kids to do a variety of kitchen tasks.
The kids can play whenever they want, grill indoors, or come outside just like mom and dad. The product has a starter button and clicking knobs to pretend to control the grill. Moreover, it comes with a towel bar for easy cleanup, and food pieces, tools such as tong and spatula to imagine their own stories and create with different dishes.
It helps children increase interaction when playing with friends or parents. I like the hooks for hanging tongs, and they are very convenient to keep things tidy while children play and make a neat habit for kids.
- Have a towel bar
- Include start button and clicking knobs
- Do not require batteries
- Can store all pieces of playset into the grill cupboard
- Help to develop social skills for kids
- Allow children to play indoor or outdoor
- The instruction is easy-to-understand
- It is lightweight enough to remove easily
- Plastic knob and buttons are relatively cheap-making
- No have lights and sounds effects to make it more interesting
|Number of pieces||8|
|Age||2-7 years old|
Let’s spend time to watch a helpful video to know more about the features of this grill and how kid makes pretend food with it:
10. Step2 Multiple Play Station Grill Sets for Kids
(Best Multiple Play Station)
This is the ideal choice if you want to inspire children with a full kitchen experience. It is a fully equipped mini-kitchen space, including fridge, microwave, stove and oven, and lots of play stations for kids to play in a group and bring a lot of fun for them.
The grill will emit a sizzling sound with lights when controlling the buttons, making children engaged and want to try it many times. The product comes with a 103-piece accessory set with pretend food pieces and many kitchen utensils allowing children to unleash creativity and prepare hearty BBQ parties for the whole family.
When the game is over, all accessories are neatly stored in cabinets. This playset helps kids more creative, improves physical and motor skills and language and social skills.
- Have many stations for kids to play
- Full equipment like a real kitchen
- The grill has sounds and lights
- A large number of accessories
- Make children fun with many functions
- Sounds and lights from the grill make it cute and realistic
- Improve social and language skills when playing in a group
- Enhance children’s physical skills
- The pieces of pretend food war well made and colorful
- Its price will make you consider a lot
- It’s not ideal for a small space
|Number of pieces||103|
|Age||2-8 years old|
A video will give you more information about this product, introduce its features, and show how they work. Take a look to know more!
11. Hape Non-Toxic and Safe Wooden Grill Sets for Kids
The set helps children create, role-play, and tell their own stories when preparing and grilling BBQ meals with attractive dishes.
Products include a detachable grill, opening hood with an electric “burner,” rack, a side tray to hold food, and cooking utensils, helping children practice the tasks like real baking. The on-off buttons will make your child enjoy and engage in this activity with a click satisfyingly.
It allows children to skew food and bake their way, showcasing their talent for cooking and training their hands’ skill. The grill, tools are made of solid wood with beautiful paint and is safe for kids, and it will last longer.
- Made from on-toxic and children safe material
- Have an opening hood
- No need to use batteries
- Come with Shish kabobs wooden
- Promote role-playing and creativity
- Good for enhancing fine motor skills
- The pretend food and condiments are so nice
- Sturdy structure for a long time of use
- Do not complicate to assemble
- Some kids may don’t like the strong odor of paint fumes after unboxing
- Lack of light and sound
|Number of pieces||22|
|Age||3-5 years old|
12. World Tech Toys Fun And Safe Grill Sets for Kids
(Best With Rotisserie)
Your kids are always eager to join you in preparing outdoor BBQ parties, but you worry the sharp kitchen utensils could injure them, so a pretend grill is the thing you need.
It allows children to be creative and prepare delicious barbecue dishes for the whole family with baking utensils that are entirely safe for children.
This World Tech grill set includes a full range of play accessories and items, charcoal lighting, vivid sizzling sounds, a flip stove, a crown, and an automatically spinning rotisserie.
Children will have fun with this product. Also, with lightweight and wheels allow it to move easily to different playing locations.
- Fun and safe design
- Provide automatic spinning rotisserie
- Have flip-top cover and wheels
- Convenient to move from different play stations
- Do not take much time to set up
- Make children engaging with interactive light and sound
- Come with plenty of accessories
- Nice color to attract kids
- No batteries included
- The sound can disturb people around while playing indoors
|Brand||World Teach Toys|
|Number of pieces||20|
|Age||3-15 years old|
13. Hey! Play! Realistic Sounds and Grate Lights Grill Sets for Kids
If you are looking for gifts to motivate your baby to participate actively, happily, creatively, and help them get used to the kitchen, look for this grill set product.
It uses the lively, authentic sound and light as real stoves to provide kids great cooking experiences, and kids will enjoy and work with it for hours. The product has sturdy construction with a gas tank and the wheel for easy and convenient to move when they want to grill outdoors in the backyard like mom or dad.
Kids will have great BBQ parties with delicious pretend foods like corn sausage sandwiches, and more. Besides, it includes baking utensils like lighter spoon knives, cutting boards, and serving plates for kids to exercise and improve their hand skills.
- Have realistic sound and light
- Include wheels
- Built by plastic material
- Require 3 AA batteries
- Keep kids busy for hours
- Make kids more active and creative
- Easy to remove outdoor with wheels
- Grilling utensils are cute and children-friendly
- Help children get used to the kitchen and have more food vocabulary
- You need to buy batteries individually to have light and sound effects
- The sound may make you annoying
|Number of pieces||Over 20|
|Age||3 years and up|
14. Melissa & Doug Colorful Wooden Pieces Grill Sets for Kids
The rotisserie and grill barbecue play set give children pretending-perfect experiences and enjoyment without a screen. It inspires children 3 years of age and older to pretend to prepare baked goods on a rotating skewer, flip, pick up, and slice food into dishes, serving to everyone.
The product encourages smooth hand-eye coordination, improves fine motor skills, increases creativity and imagination for children. Furthermore, the grill set creates a passion for cooking and makes children express themselves confidently, and increases interaction when they play with others.
Pretend food and cooking utensils are made of sturdy, durable wood that allows your baby to use them regularly. It’s a great design for children to use a friendly knife to cut food into small pieces. After playing, all the accessories are stored in the barbecue.
- Provide safe and kid-friendly cooking tools
- Durable construction
- No batteries needed
- Have ignition switch, temperature knobs
- Inspire a cooking passion for kids
- Allow children to use their imagination
- Promote hand-eye coordination, fine motor skills
- It does not cover too much space
- Convenient to store all accessories in the grill
- Should be careful as the skewer breaks easily
- There are no vivid sizzling sounds
|Brand||Melissa & Doug|
|Number of pieces||24|
|Age||3-6 years old|
A video shows you how kids are excited when receiving the grill set and engaged in baking food and cutting it into small pieces. Give it a look, please!
15. Educational Insights On-The-Go Grill Sets for Kids
(Best for Camping)
The product is a great idea for kids who love to have a barbecue during their jungle adventures or go camping. It has 2 glowing surfaces with realistic boiling and fizzing sounds that give your kid a real cooking experience.
The product includes a small coffee pot, a frying pan, 4 baking utensils; they are all made of plastic and can be easily stored in the carry-along case. It helps children arouse the imagination, creativity, encourages a love of cooking and develops fine motor skills.
Furthermore, the product is very light and does not require complicated assembly, so children can bring it to their camps and pretend to cook.
- Easy to carry
- Need 2 AA batteries
- Able to make sound and light
- Great for preschoolers
- Ideal for children to make BBQ parties when going camping
- Arouse imagination, creativity, encourages a love of cooking
- Develops fine motor skills for kids
- It does not require adults to assemble
- Neat storage all items inside the sturdy, carry-along case
- Do not come with batteries
- Have to buy food individually
|Number of pieces||6|
|Age||3-12 years old|
Things You Should Consider When Buying Grill Sets for Kids
Let’s check the following essential factors to buy the best and most suitable pretend grill for your child among the wide range of products with compelling advertisements on the market today.
The first consideration when buying a BBQ for your child is their size. Let’s buy products suitable for your child’s age and height because if they are too tall, kids will be uncomfortable and not get the most out of the set. On the contrary, if it is too low for children, they won’t get a sense of pride when baking food and boring. Also, consider the space the toy will occupy.
Barbecue sets are often made of plastic or wood. Wooden products appear to be more durable, but the paints on their surfaces are prone to abrasion easily, and you may not like that paint smell. While plastic products have richer and sharper colors.
You can choose the grill set with several functions to increase children’s excitement, such as rotisserie skewers, light, sizzling sounds like a real grill. They will keep children interested and busy for hours preparing BBQ parties. However, batteries must be purchased for the lighting and sound operations as they are not usually included with the product.
Each grill will provide the children with a different amount of pretend food pieces and cooking utensils. Many pieces of playset allow your child to imagine and process many new BBQ dishes with more stories, help them expand their vocabulary, practice skillful hand-eye coordination, increase awareness, and develop fine motor skills.
In this part, I list some questions and answers to help kids use the grill sets effectively and have enjoyable moments.
My Top Pick
I chose Step2 Sizzle Sound And Smoke Effect Grill Sets For Kids as the best grill set for my daughter. I like its design with an extra cooking area, and the sink has a faucet, which gives more features for my girl to play and know about kitchen tasks.
Moreover, it makes her fun a lot with sizzling sounds and smoke effects and inspires her to cook to prepare a hearty BBQ party for the whole family. The grill set is lightweight for easy to move and helps my kid more creative, interact, and develop fine motor skills.
Can you select any grill set for your kids from my list above? Don’t hesitate to share your favorite one in the comment with me so that I may add one more exciting set to my must-have options!