The best outdoor playset for kids can bring your kids a great time after stressed time or simply reduce the time they use a smartphone.
Despite your kids’ age, outdoor playsets are essential since they promote your children’s motor skills and even creative ability. This section seems to be entirely strange for almost new parents.
What is the best material to produce outdoor playsets for kids? Your kids’ age will be suitable for which playsets? How to assemble all accessories?
I will answer all your questions and provide you more information. Are you ready to go into the strange world of outdoor playset?
- What Is Outdoor Playset?
- What Are The Benefits Of Outdoor Playsets?
- What Materials Of Outdoor Playsets?
- What Outdoor Playsets For Kids Are Best?
- Outdoor Playset for Kids Comparison Chart 2021
- Top 17 Best Outdoor Playset for Kids Reviews 2021
- 1. Backyard Discovery Skyfort II Outdoor Playset
- 2. Step2 Rain Showers And Unicorns Outdoor Playset
- 3. Costzon Toddler Climber 4 In 1 Outdoor Playset
- 4. XDP Recreation All-Star Outdoor Playset
- 5. Fun Little Toys Camping Gear Outdoor Playset
- 6. Simplay3 Young Explorers Outdoor Playset
- 7. Backyard Discovery Oakmont Outdoor Playset
- 8. Lifetime A-Frame Adventure Outdoor Playset
- 9. Lifetime Money Bar Outdoor Playset
- 10. Little Tikes Hide And Seek Outdoor Playset
- 11. Step2 PlayHouse 874100 Outdoor Playset
- 12. Jugader Ninja Warrior Obstacle Outdoor Playset
- 13. Lazy Buddy Plastic Slide Outdoor Playset
- 14. LAEGENDARY Climbing Rope Outdoor Playset
- 15. Hide N Slide Ball Pit And Play Tent Outdoor Playset
- 16. Eezy Peezy Monkey Bars Outdoor Playset
- 17. Backyard Discovery Metal Outdoor Playset
- Things To Consider When Purchasing The Best Outdoor Playsets for Kids
- How To Install An Outdoor Playset For Kids?
- Tips To Protect Your Kids While They Are Playing On An Outdoor Playset
- How To Maintain An Outdoor Playset?
- My Top Pick
What Is Outdoor Playset?
As its name implies, this outdoor playset is installed outside and provides your kids with a wide range of activities. There is a wide range of outdoor games such as swings, monkey bars, slides, ladders, towers, sandboxes, outdoor playhouses, climbers, sporty playsets, and more.
The playset can promote the kids’ motor skills, imagination, and role-playing. It also prevents the children from sticking their eyes into the smartphone.
What Are The Benefits Of Outdoor Playsets?
An outdoor playset brings your kids more advantages than relaxing after work hours or prevents them from playing games on the phone.
Physical: Jumping, running, climbing, and more will help build the kids’ endurance and strength to fight obesity and increase their réistance. They also support your kids in improve coordination and balance.
Social: To raise funny, the best choice is to invite the kids’ friends to play together. They will mutually interact during playing time and practice to make a quick decision and deal with them.
Creativity and learning: The playset will develop the children’s imagination, thanks to multi-color.
What Materials Of Outdoor Playsets?
Almost all outdoor playsets are constructed of wood, metal, plastic, or vinyl materials. Choosing which material will depend on your style, budget, or just simply what you prefer.
Suppose you are searching for a wooden playset; there are 3 types of wood used to produce outdoor playsets: cedar, redwood, or premium preserved pine, but cedar is the most common material to manufacture outdoor playset.
Cedarwood will be a suitable choice since it is treated properly, not easily attacked by insects, or rotted and decayed. It is a highly long-lasting wood and cost-efficiency. Most cedar playsets are guaranteed for 10-15 years.
The metal playset had better be powder covered to protect it from harsh elements and maintain its good looking. The excellent metal playset will never crust and create hazards for your kids.
Many parents trust plastic or vinyl playset since it is an affordable price and safe for kids. It usually comes in multiple bright colors.
What Outdoor Playsets For Kids Are Best?
A wide range of manufacturers offers you the best outdoor playsets for kids that include various games. Let’s consider Backyard Discovery, Step2, Simplay3, and Lifetime if you intend to shop for an outdoor playset.
These brands provide you many games and long-lasting sets. Eezy Peezy will provide you updated kind of playset and promote your kids’ motor skills.
I have listed several good brands of producing outdoor playsets on the market now. Let’s glance at this part to get a general view of them.
- Best Overall: Backyard Discovery Skyfort II Outdoor Playset
“Made of high-quality cedarwood; painted with cool colors; designed with 2 forts and green wave slide and offers diverse games.”
- Best Budget: Step2 Rain Showers And Unicorns Outdoor Playset
“Can make an artificial waterfall with it; teaches your kids about cause and effect; easy to assemble and comes with 12-piece accessories.”
- Best for Toddlers: Costzon Toddler Climber 4 In 1 Outdoor Playset
“Made of safe and friendly-environmentally HDPE; offers 4 functions in 1 product; includes smooth swing and slide and quick to put all parts together.”
- Best with Swings: XDP Recreation All-Star Outdoor Playset
“Allows 7 kids on it at the same time; comes with disc swing for 2 kids and made of long-lasting steel powder-covered frame.”
- Best Camping Set: Fun Little Toys Camping Gear Outdoor Playset
“Promotes your kids’ survival skill; contains 18 components; can go through with years and doesn’t need to assemble.”
- Best for Small Yard: Simplay3 Young Explorers Outdoor Playset
“Winner of 2019 Parents’ choice award; made of dual-wall construction and its surface is smooth to protect your kids.”
- Best Wooden: Backyard Discovery Oakmont Outdoor Playset
“Offers your kids different games; designed with heavy-duty canopy and includes wooden clubhouse.”
- Best with Various Activities: Lifetime A-Frame Adventure Outdoor Playset
“Features free-standing; constructed of high-density polyethylene; the edges are rounded and comes with 5-year warranty.”
- Best for All Ages: Lifetime Money Bar Outdoor Playset
“Sturdy construction; features components can undergo severe weather condition; suitable for both kids and even adults.”
- Best for Babies: Little Tikes Hide And Seek Outdoor Playset
“The rock wall is easy to climb; the gentle slope slide will ensure babies land safely; the clubhouse windows are fast to see through.”
- Best with Kitchen Set: Step2 PlayHouse 874100 Outdoor Playset
“Run an imaginative restaurant; comes with everything you need to play a Master chef role and provides your kids 16-piece accessories in a mesh bag.”
- Best for Above 5 Year-olds: Jugader Ninja Warrior Obstacle Outdoor Playset
“Designed uniquely with ninja line and slackline; can adjust obstacle distance to meet your specific demands and comes with upgraded stronger gymnastic rings.”
- Best Plastic: Lazy Buddy Plastic Slide Outdoor Playset
“Made of sturdy and durable plastic; features triangle overall design to stay stably and the handles are designed as bear ears to grip easily.”
- Best Climbing Rope: LAEGENDARY Climbing Rope Outdoor Playset
“Includes a climbing rope, a platform and disc swings for various actovities; made of long-lasting materials; soft and adjustable rope and can withstand up to 12o lbs.”
- Best with Ball Pit: Hide N Slide Ball Pit And Play Tent Outdoor Playset
“Multiple colors to attract your kids at first sight; can customize by yourself to create new directions and easy to fold and transport for a picnic.”
- Best Climber Playground: Eezy Peezy Monkey Bars Outdoor Playset
“Develops grip and climbing abilities; connected with double self locking springs and made of top-grade plastic.”
- Best Metal: Backyard Discovery Metal Outdoor Playset
“Constructed of heavy-duty powder-covered steel; require less maintenance and hard to crack, wrapping or rooting.”
Outdoor Playset for Kids Comparison Chart 2021
I have highlighted some necessary information that you need to know when searching for the best outdoor playset for kids. Please read through it before you move to the next part. Materials and age range are 2 significant things you should look for priority when seeing the one.
|Product Name||Dimensions||Weight||Materials||Age Range|
|Backyard Discovery Skyfort II Outdoor Playset - Best Overall||263.78 x 200.79 x 149.61 inches||763 pounds||Wood and plastic||36 months - 10 years|
|Step2 Rain Showers And Unicorns Outdoor Playset - Best Budget||39 x 24 x 32 inches||12.25 pounds||Plastic||18 months - 10 years|
|Costzon Toddler Climber 4 In 1 Outdoor Playset - Best for Toddlers||66 x 59 x 47 inches||46 pounds||HDPE||1 month - 6 years|
|XDP Recreation All-Star Outdoor Playset - Best with Swings||77.3 x 18.2 x 13 inches||125 pounds||Durable steel||3 - 8 years|
|Fun Little Toys Camping Gear Outdoor Playset - Best Camping Set||13.39 x 13.39 x 3.54 inches||2.44 pounds||Plastic and fabric||3 years and up|
|Simplay3 Young Explorers Outdoor Playset - Best for Small Yard||70.12 x 49.5 x 28.5 inches||52.4 pounds||Double-wall plastic||18 months - 6 years|
|Backyard Discovery Oakmont Outdoor Playset - Best Wooden||135 x 168 x 103 inches||211 pounds||100% cedar||36 months - 10 years|
|Lifetime A-Frame Adventure Outdoor Playset - Best with Various Activities||189 x 167 x 137 inches||660 pounds||Metal||3 - 12 years|
|Lifetime Money Bar Outdoor Playset - Best for All Ages||223.2 x 165.6 x 93 inches||187 pounds||Metal||All ages|
|Little Tikes Hide And Seek Outdoor Playset - Best for Babies||53.52 x 51.91 x 41 inches||27.5 pounds||Plastic||12 months - 3 years|
|Step2 PlayHouse 874100 Outdoor Playset - Best with Kitchen Set||47.5 x 47.5 x 60 inches||40 pounds||Plastic||3 - 8 years|
|Jugader Ninja Warrior Obstacle Outdoor Playset - Best for Above 5 year-olds||17.5 x 11.7 x 7.5 inches||17.46 pounds||Metal||5 years and up|
|Lazy Buddy Plastic Slide Outdoor Playset - Best Plastic||41 x 9.5 x 21 inches||Not specified||Plastic||20 months and up|
|LAEGENDARY Climbing Rope Outdoor Playset - Best Climbing Rope||129.6 x 11.8 x 129.6 inches||4.75 pounds||Plastic and polyethylene||14 years and up|
|KidKraft Lewiston Retreat Wood Outdoor Playset - Best with Ball Pit||21 x 20.5 x 1.5 inches||6.39 pounds||Thick steel wiring 190T soft polyester fabric and||1 - 6 years|
|Eezy Peezy Monkey Bars Outdoor Playset - Best Climber Playground||70.1 x 46.65 x 65.53 inches||25 pounds||Plastic||3 - 8 years|
|Backyard Discovery Metal Outdoor Playset - Best Metal||158.75 x 115.25 x 114.56 inches||65 pounds||Powder-coated steel||36 months - 10 years|
Top 17 Best Outdoor Playset for Kids Reviews 2021
Purchasing the best outdoor playsets for kids isn’t an easy task since many outdoor playsets are possible for you to pick the excellent one. You will find it hard to determine which one is a value deal.
That’s the reason why I have written this article to help you determine a wonderful gift for your kids. Let’s jump down this section right now!
1. Backyard Discovery Skyfort II Outdoor Playset
Let’s consider this Backyard Discovery Skyfort II Outdoor Playset if you run out of ideas for outdoor activities. This set is not only perfect for your kids but also the best choice for decoration in the backyard. It comes with all components for your children can exercise all their parts.
This set is made of premium materials such as Cedarwood, vinyl, and plastic. All wooden parts are finished with stunning amber to bring you a perfect appearance and reduce time to maintain them. The cedar wood is well-processed and packaged at the factory to ensure it doesn’t rot, decay and any type of insect destroys it.
Besides, the slide is made of green plastic that matches with wooden color and provides you a “cool” feeling when you play with it. The product also comes with trimmed windows, a lower deck, swings, a wooden roof, and more.
The assembling process will be easier, thanks to the interactive assembly app that is compatible with both Android and IOS software. You can have a playground at your home that allows your kids to play anytime and don’t have to pay fixing fees when facing problems as you will get a 5-year pro-rated warranty for wood and a 1-year warranty for accessories.
- Made of premium cedar wood and plastic
- Comes with a convenient app for quickly installing
- Implement ASTM standards for safe play
- The outstanding total weight capacity is 1350 lbs
- Provides you a 5-year pro-rated warranty for wood and a 1-year for accessories
- Sturdy construction
- Easy to assemble
- Beautiful design
- You don’t need to spend much time maintaining
- The price can be a barrier for you to buy
|Material||Cedarwood and plastic|
|Age Range||36 months – 10 years|
|Components||Wave slide; tower; rock wall; monkey bars; entry ladder; rope ladder; a sun desk; a picnic table; belt swing and trapeze swing|
|Weight Limit||1350 lbs|
|Color||Wood and green|
With such a huge buck you spent, you are surely curious how to set it up. Let’s find the answer to your question in this video.
2. Step2 Rain Showers And Unicorns Outdoor Playset
With the minimal cost you have to spend, your kids still have fun and amazing playing time thanks to this Step2 Rain Shower And Unicorns Playset. This product will help your children make artificial rain like the real one with simple accessories.
After assembling, like the manufacturer’s instructions, you will get a complete product with 2 ponds. You will have to use the included buckets or any container you want to take water from the bottom pond and pour it into the above one to listen to the rain show sound.
Your kids will be accessed with STEM learning to know about physics concepts and teach them about cause and effect. This is also called built-in learning into playtime without forcing. The children also explore and develop their sensory exploration, language + social skills, and physical + motor skills.
It enables you to rearrange the put-and-place accessories to promote their creative thinking and learn about STEM. To launch the unicorns back into the tray, using the flipper will bring your kids more laughter.
If you stop playing, let’s open the drain plug to clean up quickly and drain the entire water in the pond for easy storage. You will get 12-piece components, as I mentioned below, and keep in mind reading pages 2-3 to understand the installing principle of it.
- Allows your kids to make a waterfall
- Comes with 12-piece accessories
- Can rearrange the put-and-place maze pieces to create new waterfalls
- Uses the drain plug for fast clean-up
- Adorable color
- Can teach your kids many lessons
- Suitable for camping in hot weather
- Very durable
- The unicorns are a little bit fast sun-bleached
- Need 2 people to put accessories together
|Age Range||18 months – 10 years old|
|Components||3 toy unicorn accessories; 1 cup; 1 large bucket; 1 slipper; 1 cattail scoop; 1 spinner and 4 put-and-place maze pieces|
|Weight Limit||Not specified|
|Color||Purple and blue|
If you still wonder about buying or not, let’s watch this video to ensure your answer.
3. Costzon Toddler Climber 4 In 1 Outdoor Playset
(Best for Toddlers)
Any kids in this stage always like to play and explore everything, and that’s why you need to find a playset designed with a smooth appearance to protect your kids from being cut their hand. This Costzon Toddler Climber 4 In 1 Playset is worth to consider.
This set is made of HDPE is user-friendly. Each set offers you 4 purposes: a smooth slide, a swing, a basketball hoop, and an elephant nose. All parts are designed appropriately for toddlers. The slide weight capacity is 110 lbs, is safe for kids to slide without worrying about overload.
The bright colors also relate closely to kids’ creative ability. The basketball basket and elephant hoop are removable when there is no need, and several ringers add fun. You just need to follow instructions and easily put all parts together. Because of its large package, this product is packaged in 2 packs for simple shipping.
- Made of non-toxic HDPE material
- Offers you 4 functions in 1 product
- Comes with a basketball hoop and lapping
- Includes hardware instruction to assemble
- Sturdy construction
- Can go through with years
- Able to promote creative skill
- The edges are rounded to avoid hurting your kids
- Easy to climb on the ladder
- Its weight capacity is pretty small
|Age Range||1 month – 6 years old|
|Components||A sturdy swing; an elephant nose; a basketball hoop and a smooth slide|
|Weight Limit||110 lbs for slide and 66 lbs for swing|
|Color||Blue; red, and yellow|
You should watch this short clip to know how to assemble this playset.
4. XDP Recreation All-Star Outdoor Playset
(Best with Swings)
Everyone likes swings, and they are the most common outdoor activity since they can load your children tons of fun. This XDP Recreation All-Star Playset is one of the best products that can meet your demands.
Each set can bring fun for 7 kids at the same time without breaking or kids being left out. Besides accommodating many children, it is also designed and crafted with a powder-coated steel frame and has a weight capacity is 700 pounds.
The foam-padded legs can withstand influence and the wavy slide and keep your children staying put after sliding down.
- Constructed of steel powder-covered frame
- Comes with a disc swing
- Can handle 7 kids play on it at the same time
- The slide has a molded bottom for a safe exit
- Simple to put together
- Stay stably on the ground, and your kids can play it years by years
- Affordable price
- It will handle tons of fun for your children
- It is quite less eye-catching compared to other playsets
|Age Range||3 – 8 years old|
|Components||1 ride-on; 2 individual swings; 1 slide and disc swing|
|Weight Limit||700 pounds|
5. Fun Little Toys Camping Gear Outdoor Playset
(Best Camping Set)
This Fun Little Toys Camping Gear Set is one of the most excellent gifts for your kids who are “authentic” camping lovers. Each set comes with 18 dispensable accessories that little campers need to prepare for exciting campings. There are a pop-up tent, a pretended gas stover, an oil lamp, and more.
Owing this set is the best way to teach your kids about nature with the combination of an oil lamp can light up the dark space with just one button and the fascinating environment will promote younger campers explore it.
Besides, your kids will learn how to survive in adventures and boost their creativity through imaginative play with these components. To play this set, you will need a small space in your backyard and a couple of minutes to set up everything.
- Can gross exploring skill development for 3 years and up kids
- Comes with 18 accessories
- Includes a replica oil lamp, a battery-powered gas stove, and a multifunctional whistle
- Teaches your kids about loving nature and survival skills
- Helps your kids become “authentic” explorers
- Safe for younger children
- Educates your kids through exciting games
- A great choice for mini space
- Be careful to avoid missing any parts since some accessories are quite small
|Material||Plastic and fabric|
|Age Range||3 years and up|
|Weight Limit||Not specified|
|Brand||Fun Little Toys|
6. Simplay3 Young Explorers Outdoor Playset
(Best for Small Yard)
This Simpley3 Young Explorers Outdoor Playset is suitable for limited space but still loads of fun for your kids. This set is designed with bright colors to decorate your backyard and excite kids’ brains.
The Simplay3 is made of super long-lasting, dual-wall plastic that is UV-resistant and hard to break under harsh weather; therefore, it can go through with years. The edges are sharped round to avoid cutting their hands.
Besides, the slide is extended widely and easy to grip. The ladder comes with handles to help your children fast climb to 2 large platforms. The exclusive design with open wheels and doors allows kids to go through their secret place with a dashboard and steering wheel.
- The slide is extra wide
- The edges are rounded to avoid cutting kids’ fingers
- Designed with 2 large platforms
- Made in the USA
- Instructions are clear
- You just need to spend 20 minutes assembling it
- Safe construction
- Great deal
- It will be greater if it comes with extra bars across the middle of the top to reduce the risk of small kids falling off
|Age Range||18 months – 6 years old|
|Components||Slide; ladder; open doors and wheels|
|Weight Limit||60 lbs per child|
7. Backyard Discovery Oakmont Outdoor Playset
Wood seems to be a popular material to produce outdoor playset for kids because it is durable and eye-catching. I will introduce you to this Backyard Discovery Oakmont Outdoor Playset.
This set is designed with 2 forts allowing your kids to play various kinds of games such as an imaginative restaurant or take a seat on the built-in bench and enjoy juices. Your children can use doors and windows in the lower fort to imagine their dream house.
The slide’s length is 8 foot racing down quickly and transport your kids to their destination safely. If the kids want to extend their muscles, the 2 belt swings and an acrobat bar will be helpful to them.
Besides, the playset is made from 100% high-quality cedar wood that can eliminate build-up mold, and decay and the plastic accessories can combat UV rays. All components are linked with unique safe-T-fuse hardware that is hard to lose years by years, and the rounded head can protect your clothes from scratch.
- Provides you slide, swings, and 2 forts
- Equipped with green canopy
- Comes with 8-foot slide sliding safely and quickly
- Can learn how to assemble thanks to the free BILT app
- 1-year warranty
- All the accessories are marked correctly
- Instructions are simple to follow
- Colorful playset
- Solid construction
- You will find it a little bit challenging to assemble the slide
|Age Range||36 months – 10 years old|
|Components||Swing sets; slide; a wooden kids’ clubhouse; a built-in bench and a snack stand|
|Weight Limit||120 pounds per child for any multi-use and 150 pounds per child for single-use|
|Color||Wood and green|
8. Lifetime A-Frame Adventure Outdoor Playset
(Best with Various Activities)
The playset comes with the various game will promote a wide range of skills for your kids, and this Lifetime A-Frame Adventure is a free-standing playset like that. It will be most suitable for kids from 3 to 12 years old.
One set includes a 9-feet wavy slide, 1 trapeze, a climbing wall, 2 swings, a cargo net, propeller swing, and an activity board. The frame is constructed of dense polyethylene and powder-covered steel that will be long-lasting despite harsh weather.
To protect your kids from hurting, all edges are rounded or coated with plastic caps, and the swing chains are wrapped with soft rubber to avoid pinching. As its name implies, you don’t have to use cement or anchoring to stick it on the ground.
Moreover, these parts meet safety and performance standards and are guaranteed within 5 years. The set also comes with a canopy enabling the kids to shelter when it rains.
- Free-standing playset
- Made of high-density polyethylene and powder-covered steel
- The sharp edges are covered with plastic caps or rounded
- Guaranteed for 5 years
- Designed with an awesome rock wall
- Can exist well under severe weather
- Doesn’t require anchors or cement to fix it
- You will need the help of at least 2 adults to put all parts together
- You ought to plan enough space for it since it is quite large
|Age Range||3 – 12 years old|
|Components||Wavy slide; 1 trapeze bar; 2 swings; cargo net; a climbing wall; activity board and propeller swing.|
|Weight Limit||200 lbs for slide|
9. Lifetime Money Bar Outdoor Playset
(Best for All Ages)
Several outdoor playsets are just possible for some age range; therefore, it is hard to play on them if your kids aren’t in these stages. This Lifetime Money Bar Outdoor Playset will implement your wishes.
This swing set comes with 1 trapeze bar and gym rings with 3 belt swings. Like other swing chains, they are covered with soft rubber grips to protect your fingers from pinching, and the chain clips sure the swings assembled certainly to the frame.
It is also designed with ladders and monkey bars, allowing you to climb on it and start sliding from top to down easily. Your kids can spend hours playing with it without feeling boring.
Made of premium galvanized steel and high-density polyethylene will provide you swing sets requiring at least maintenance and can go through years. The powder-coating offers you rust-resistant and crack -resistant.
- Made of premium metal
- It is all weather-resistant
- Comes with various games
- Free-standing playset
- Offers you a 5-year warranty for peace of mind when playing
- Can use without worrying about the crack, warp, or splinter
- Requires less maintenance
- The rubber grips on swing chains will protect your kids from pinching
- Its color will be hard to be bleached
- It is a little bit challenging to assemble
|Age Range||All ages|
|Components||Monkey bars; wavy slide, gym rings, and swings|
|Weight Limit||680 lbs|
If you are interested in this item, let’s check this video right now!
10. Little Tikes Hide And Seek Outdoor Playset
(Best for Babies)
For the 3-year-old stage, the children want to explore every corner and touch anything. It is hard to keep it in one place if you don’t give them a smartphone; that’s such a confusing problem. I will bring you this Little Tikes Hide And Seek to help you look after them and develop their motor skill.
This product offers you multiple activities such as slide, swing, platform, and a rock wall to provide you plenty of games to play in. The climber can promote imagination and role-playing. You can place it indoors or outdoors, thanks to its compact design.
The swing is equipped with a 3-point safety belt, and the rock wall is simple to climb; it is the best playset for beginners. The slide is low enough for children to slide with safety standards. It can undergo up to 3 kids playing at the same time and fast to assemble things.
- Comes with a 3-point safety belt
- The rock wall is suitable for beginners
- Weight capacity is up to 45 lbs per kid
- You can remove the swing wall and turn it into a climber
- The height of the swing is perfect for babies
- Safe and sturdy construction
- Quite simple to assemble
- The price is awesome
- Remember to swing gently; otherwise, the whole playset will move too
|Age Range||12 months – 3 years old|
|Components||Swing; ladder and slide|
|Weight Limit||45 lbs per child|
Watch this short video to get more information about this playset.
11. Step2 PlayHouse 874100 Outdoor Playset
(Best with Kitchen Set)
Raise your hand if your kids dream about a restaurant in the future. Suppose your kids like that; this Step2 Playhouse 874100 Outdoor Playset will be a perfect gift for them. This set is possible for kids to hold a small party right in the backyard.
It is an excellent product to promote interactive and social play. Besides, the real doors allow children to open to walk forth and back. This product also includes water and sand features. your kids can play comfortably under the canopy.
It can imitate nearly exactly a kitchen in real; your kids will be experienced to become authentic chefs. After eating, the guests can put dishes into the sink to wash them and also play with sand while waiting for servers.
This product’s color blend will make you feel relaxed when seeing it since its neutral palate can fit with any backyard. Each set comes with all components the kids need to run a mini restaurant.
- Comes with 16-piece accessories with a mesh bag
- Allows your kids to play as a real chef
- Perfect for developing interactive and social play
- Suitable to play with many friends
- Gets a 1-year warranty when purchasing it
- Easy to put all parts together
- Can play both outsides or insides
- Comes with clear directions
- Will keep your kids play for hours
- Simple to clean
- This playset should be put at a less-wind place
|Age Range||3 – 8 years old|
|Components||Play grill; water table; sand cover; snack table; canopy; 16-piece accessories and mesh accessory bag|
|Weight Limit||Not specified|
Do you want to know further about this playset, click here to watch it now!
12. Jugader Ninja Warrior Obstacle Outdoor Playset
(Best for Above 5 Year-olds)
Each stage will need to play several specific games to develop various skills; that’s why I show you this Jugader Ninja Warrior Obstacle Outdoor Playset who ranges from 5 years old to up.
Its exclusive design enables you to keep the playset in place and maximize security. It comes with a longer ninja line to help you hang more obstacles. The slackline is reinforced strongly for the kids landing safely.
You can freely adjust obstacles as well as their distance to adapt to each old range. Each set includes 6 stair rope ladders to support kids in swinging or climbing line. The gymnastic rings are constructed of sewing and hot melt fixed; they are more secure and safe compared to other kinds.
- Made of durable materials
- The sturdy slackline to ensure the safety of your kids
- Can adjust the obstacle distance
- Comes with ergonomic gymnastic rings
- 30 days money-back guarantee
- Fast to put up and takedown
- Allows your kids to play for hours without being bored
- A perfect gift to promote kids’ motor skills
- Best playset can connect friends
- Your tree had better high enough to challenge your kids
|Age Range||5 years and up|
|Components||Monkey bars; ladder; rope knots; gym rings, and more|
|Weight Limit||160 lbs for rope knots and monkey bars|
You can know how to assemble it securely through this visual video.
13. Lazy Buddy Plastic Slide Outdoor Playset
Plastic is always the priority material of limited-budget people since it can provide you a great product at an affordable price. It isn’t strange if this Lazy Buddy Plastic appears in this list. It has passed the CPC test to ensure that it cannot hurt children or be crushed.
A huge plus of it is made of friendly- environmental odorless HDPE material is difficult to deform and embrittled. The smooth surface will never cut your kids’ fingers and clothes. It can cause a standstill if the total weight doesn’t exceed 120 lbs.
This product offers you a triangle design that is the most stable shape, and the foot is reinforced with pads to anti-slip. These factors will protect your children safe during playing.
Moreover, the extended tail buffer will look after the children’s spine and butt productively. It is equipped with handles that are possible for them to grip. The 3.5-foot stairwell height is fit for their legs’ distance that makes sure they will not miss-step.
It requires less time to assemble that you just have to insert the column into the buckle and use 9 serrated nuts and 1 screw to fix them. These screws will prevent the set from loosening. It also features easy cleaning; you just need to use a wet towel to wipe it.
- Made of safe and sturdy plastic
- Designed with triangle overall
- Reinforced with the pad on the bottom
- Comes with handles as bear ears to enable your kids to grip
- It just takes you less time to attach and clean
- Good-quality product
- Adorable colors
- Can stay stably
- The basketball net is an amazing addition
- Suppose the top part is wider, this playset would be one of the best-seller products
|Age Range||20 months and up|
|Weight Limit||120 lbs|
14. LAEGENDARY Climbing Rope Outdoor Playset
(Best Climbing Rope)
Thanks to this LAEGENDARY Climbing Rope Outdoor Playset, you can build strength and balanced skills for your kids through climbing activities. This set comes with a circular rubber bottom disc that allows your children can sit or stand to swing.
The 12-inch disc will play a role like a platform to support kids in climbing, and a lot of small discs help them climb easily. These activities are the best way to develop your children’s muscles. They can spend hours entertaining on this product.
The climbing rope is made of thick and simple-to-grab polyethylene that is braided fitly to kids’ fingers. The rope can withstand up to 120 lbs, and both discs and platform are meet ASTM standards.
You just need to spend a couple of minutes hanging it from a tree branch, ninja slackline, or swing sets. The rope can be adjustable to fit your kids’ height. The original rope length is 6.6 feet, but you can use a 4.2 feet tree cap included to extend it. It is a great gift to keep your kids away from smartphones.
- Builds strength and develop muscles for your kids
- Includes a 12-inch platform, disc swings
- Comes with a 4.2-inch tree trap to extend the rope’s length
- Made of durable and sturdy plastic and polyethylene
- Meets ASTM standards
- Easy to hang it from many suitable places
- Brings your children many opportunities for active and imaginative play
- Keep your kids busy for hours
- The rope is adjustable
- The soft rope will protect your kids’ fingers
- Can play indoor
- You need to follow your kids while kids are playing
|Material||Plastic and polyethylene|
|Age Range||14 years and up|
|Components||Climbing rope, a platform, and disc wings|
|Weight Limit||120 lbs|
15. Hide N Slide Ball Pit And Play Tent Outdoor Playset
(Best with Ball Pit)
Suppose your kids are bored with swings and slides; let’s find this Hide N Slide. It is designed with multiple bright colors that can attract your kids at first sight and promote their creative ability.
This set offers you a target wall game with 4 included dart balls, and you can customize it to create different combination maze options; therefore, your kids and even you can have a great time together.
After playing, you can fold easily to space-saving and quickly transport to any outside space. It is made of 190T soft polyester fabric and thick steel wiring, ensuring your kids always be safe during playing time.
- Can customize freely to create new games
- Made of thick steel wiring and the highest quality 190T soft polyester fabric
- Can develop the kids’ gross motor skill and leg and arm muscles
- Get a 100% refund guarantee
- Easy to fold for convenient storage
- Can transport to anywhere and entertain anytime
- Quick to assemble and disassemble
- Can promote your kids’ creativity thanks to the multi-color design
- Encourages children moving to explore every corner
- It is a little bit flimsy
- Ball not included
- The kids should move slowly to avoid the connectors get loose
|Material||Thick steel wiring 190T soft polyester fabric|
|Age Range||1 – 6 years old|
|Components||Ball house play cave; cube and teepee|
|Weight Limit||Not specified|
|Brand||Hide N Slide|
16. Eezy Peezy Monkey Bars Outdoor Playset
(Best Climber Playground)
Your children will experience a great time with these Eezy Peezy Monkey Bars. It has become a popular game in recent years since it can bring your kids endless fun and active playtime.
All plastic tubes are connected with dual self-locking springs that make them durable, lightweight, and takes less time to put together. These tubes are made of premium plastic and reinforced with UV-resistant.
Its size is possible for you to use both indoor and outdoor. Because of its lightweight, you can quickly transfer it to anywhere without using any muscle.
- Made of heavy-duty plastic
- Uses dual self-locking springs to connect tubes and connectors
- Weight capacity is 150 lbs
- You don’t need any anchor
- 90 days warranty with hassle-free
- Durable because of UV-resistant feature
- Convenient to move and assemble
- Exclusive design
- Promote your kids’ motor skills
- Can play indoor because of portable size
- Cannot be corroded, paled, or rusted
- The buttons on the connectors may be hard to switch to get the tubes on
- You have to buy separate anchors
|Age Range||3 – 8 years old|
|Components||Monster monkey bars climbing tower|
|Weight Limit||150 lbs|
|Color||Green or blue|
Let’s check this video and consider to buy it as a gift for your kids.
17. Backyard Discovery Metal Outdoor Playset
Metal is a durable material and is trusted by many people. If you intend to find a metal playset, let’s consider this Backyard Discovery Metal Outdoor Playset.
This set is free standing and comes with molded feet with anchors; you will save money to buy them. Thanks to the metal material, it just requires less maintenance and is constructed with heavy-duty powder cover steel; therefore, it is still durable despite severe weather.
It provides you 1 metal trapeze bar and 2 belt swings that enable your kids to change games while playing. This product will be guaranteed 1 year after the date of purchase.
- Free-standing with anchors model
- Made of high-quality powder-covered steel
- Designed with A-frame construction
- Comes with heavy-duty swing chains
- 1-year warranty
- Quite easy to install
- Sturdy construction
- Requires less maintenance
- Worth the price to get it
- May have creaks while playing
|Age Range||36 months – 10 years old|
|Components||1 metal trapeze bar and 2 belt swings|
|Weight Limit||150 lbs per kid|
|Color||White and green|
Things To Consider When Purchasing The Best Outdoor Playsets for Kids
The cost of buying an outdoor playset for kids isn’t low; therefore, you need to clearly understand significant features to avoid regretting what you play for.
Planing your target playset is the most important aspect when you intend to buy an outdoor playset. You have to buy the one that fits your backyard that allows your kids to experience great playing time.
Make sure you have a plan for other features such as furniture, a pool, and more in your backyard; you need to remain the pathways and patios to move easily. You should start measuring your yard to determine exactly the size of the playset.
You need to go out and measure your area to ensure your backyard will be fit with your playset. If you are fancy about a big outdoor playset, but your yard cannot meet its size, it will be a total waste. Besides, ensure your ground is even, and there is not an obstacle in the way.
You have to look at the sloped level of your ground. There are 2 choices for you:
- An angled base
- A straight base
If your backyard is angled, you also need to buy an outdoor playset with an angled base. Otherwise, you will need a straight base for straight ground.
After considering the size, you can think of the materials of outdoor playsets. There are various choices on the market that range from metal, wood, plastic, or vinyl. In most cases, wood is reliable since it can last for years.
Metal has to be powder-covered steel to maintain its life expectancy and appearance, while plastic or vinyl is a reasonable price and can last for many years if you care for it properly.
This is also an important element you have to plan before buying an outdoor playset since each playset will be suitable for each specific age range. For toddlers or babies, the playset will be designed specially to limit the time playing on it. A baby swing or half-bucket swing will be a perfect gift for these kids in the early life stage.
For older kids, sling swings or tire swings will be an excellent choice. The smart option is to buy a playset that can customize as your kids grow. This will maintain your playset’s life span and provide you value for money.
Ensure you choose the playset is suitable for your kids as it can affect safe problems and development of motor skills as well as creative ability.
Number Of Children
The number of children who will play on your playset at the same time is the thing you have to plan before. Each playset will have different weight capacities. To maintain its longevity, limiting the size of players will be a necessary task.
Several outdoor playsets are solid as a rock, and they are expected that can go through with years despite heavy uses, while some feature a little bit flimsy, and you have to throw them away after several using years.
Suppose you want to purchase a durable playset; let’s look at the constructed thick structures.
Replying to the options, size, numbers of games, quality, and more, the outdoor playset will range from different prices. However, it is just the initial cost since you will need to hire a professional if you want to install securely to your ground.
The costs of hiring may be quite high, but you can eliminate the risks of accidents. In case you need to add coverings to protect the playset from rain, dust, that will create more costs.
You should think of which activities you want to play and whether it comes with additional features or not. Here are some extra features you should pay attention to:
- The playset’s size can be adapted to fit with your yard.
- Can add more activities in the later years,
- The seats can be removed or freely attached.
- Offers a wide range choice for sandbox, tube slide, monkey bars and more,
How To Install An Outdoor Playset For Kids?
I will provide you 5 steps to prepare your backyard for installing an outdoor playset with safety standards.
- Step 1: You need to opt location for your outdoor playset. You also have to choose the orientation such as catty-corner, perpendicular, or parallel that is convenient for you to follow your kids through the windows.
- Step 2: Let’s plan how much space an outdoor playset can take up and consider its features, materials to reduce the exterior affecting it.
- Step 3: Your backyard needs to be even to give you a safe zone for your kids to play. Consider the solid level ground such as dirt or grass. You have to avoid hard ground since you cannot dig into it. Anchors are responsible for staying the playset in place if your backyard is slope; therefore, ensure you even your yard to avoid the playset tipping over.
- Step 4: You need to install the anti-shock surfacing on the bottom and on the surrounding your playset. They will be a safe zone to protect your kids when they jump out. Protective layers had better be from 9-12 inches deep and reply on the playset’s height.
- Step 5: The last mission of the preparation process is to fix the playset after it is installed.
You will have a visual view ưabout preparing the backyard for an outdoor playset after watching this video.
Tips To Protect Your Kids While They Are Playing On An Outdoor Playset
To add extra safety to your kids during playing, here are some useful tips you can do on your own:
- You have to ensure your children’s safety; therefore, you may need to hire a professional to help you install an outdoor playset. The cost of hiring isn’t cheap, but the safety of kids comes first.
- Professionals have enough required tools and experience to protect your kids, and they can reduce the installation time instead of you have to manage to connect accessories correctly.
- Design a layer of soft footing material such as sand, dried leaves, or any soft layer you can find at the zone that kids often hit the ground.
- Regularly check the connecting points of the swings, monkey bars, playground climber, and more to ensure they are always tightened. If you find any unusual hints, let’s fix them straight immediately.
- You should spend time supervising your kids while they are playing on the outdoor playset. Make sure you always follow your kids since they can change their behaviors anytime.
- Please teach your kids not to approach risk zones such as ladder and rock walls in case other kids are playing on them to take the precaution of a fall or slip.
- You should let your kids wear neat clothes to avoid other kids or even themselves step on their clothes. Moreover, the loose pants or baggy shirts can get caught in the playset’s chains that will make the kids fall down. Let them wear clothes suitable for the weather.
- Warn your kids not to swing too high since it will increase the risk of being hurt and not walk close to swing when others are swinging. In addition, don’t let them stand on top of a belt swing to avoid danger.
- Establish a spacious zone to swing and slide freely without hitting anything. Maybe you need to set up extra space to allow kids and adults to walk around it.
- Introduce and teach your kids to use each feature properly to ensure they don’t use it in the wrong way.
How To Maintain An Outdoor Playset?
To ensure the safety of your kids, you have to check the playset frequently. The steps below will introduce you to how to maintain your playset.
- Tighten the loose screw and mend protruding bolts.
- Ensure the guardrails or other barriers around the playset is full and not crack, splinter, or wreak.
- Make an effort to fix or replace damaged and worn accessories such as ropes, hardware, chains, and more.
- Add more sand into uneven areas.
- Keep the right depth of protective layers.
- Regularly tidy up all attachments of your playset with dish soap or whatever cleaner you want, but it has to be appropriate with the playset’s materials.
- Detach the swinging accessories and ropes before winter and check them carefully before reattach.
- Lube the swings hangers at the beginning of spring.
- Suppose you want to wash wood playsets or any wood components with a pressure washer after every 3 years. Let it dry and apply a wood sealer to them.
Purchasing an outdoor playset is a big investment; perhaps, you have a few questions that need to be answered. Let’s roll down this section and read them slowly. I hope you can find it helpful information that implements your wishes.
My Top Pick
All products I mentioned in the previous part are excellent, and my top option is Backyard Discovery Skyfort II Outdoor Playset. This playset is constructed of wood and plastic that are quite durable, and I highly appreciate its appearance.
How about you? After reading all my reviews of the top 17 best outdoor playsets. I hope you can find the best to buy for kids as a gift. It is always available for children to play and safer than playsets in exterior playgrounds since you regularly inspect it.
Lastly, if you have any questions or words wanting to share with people, don’t hesitate; let’s write your words in the comment box below. I would love to reply to you as soon as possible.