Choosing the best piano for kids is not easy when parents always want to support and develop many good characteristics in children. However, owning a grand piano from an early age sometimes is a financial problem for many families.
Besides, there are still some other issues, such as you may not be sure about their quality due to lack of instrument expertise, the size of the piano suits your kids or not, or the type of the piano your child loves.
Understanding parents’ thoughts, manufacturers have launched many models with various sizes, functions, and prices. So, If kids are considering learning, there are plenty of options, although they can sometimes be confusing for you.
With that in mind, I have selected some of the best pianos for beginners to inspire children’s musical journey and hope that will help your kids develop talent in the future.
- Why Should Parents Let Children Learn To Play The Piano Soon?
- What Are The Best Pianos for Kids Playing From Beginning?
- Best Piano for Kids Comparison Chart 2021
- Reviews Of The Best Pianos for Kids in 2021
- 1. RockJam 61-Key Keyboard Piano For Kids
- 2. Amy&Benton Toy keyboard Piano For Kids
- 3. Play22 Keyboard Playmat 71″Piano For Kids
- 4. VTech Record & Learn Orange Toy Piano For Kids
- 5. Yamaha Mini-keyboard PSS-A50 Piano For Kids
- 6. Best Choice Products 37-Key Electronic Toy Keyboard Piano For Kids
- 7. Fisher-Price 4-in-1 Step ‘n Play Piano For Kids
- 8. Costzon Electronic Keyboard Piano for Kids
- 9. Best Choice Products Classic Wooden 30-Key Mini Grand Piano For Kids
- 10. HOMCOM Modern Miniature Piano For Kids
- 11. Melissa & Doug Pink Piano For Kids
- 12. RockJam 54-Key Portable Electronic Keyboard
- 13. Lujex 61 Keys Roll Up Piano For Kids
- 14. Plixio 61-Key Digital Keyboard Piano For Kids
- 15. Alesis Recital 88 Key Digital Electric Piano For Kids
- Some Notes To Choose The Best Piano for Your Child
- Other Several Factors When Choosing A Piano For Kids
- My Top Pick
Why Should Parents Let Children Learn To Play The Piano Soon?
The piano brings many benefits to players, especially young children. Nowadays, many parents let their children learn the piano early to help their children’s physical, intellectual development, and many useful skills.
Playing The Piano Early Helps Develop Good Qualities
The process of playing and learning the piano requires kids to concentrate highly. At this time, the child’s brain will have to focus on navigating each hand direction, finger movements on the keyboard.
Also, playing the piano makes children memorize a lot of musical theory, finger surfing skills, and know how to convey notes from the outside into the intensity and rhythm when playing.
Children need to concentrate highly to be able to master the knowledge and the ability to play the piano. Learning and playing the piano every day will train them to focus more on doing something. After all, the best results will be obtained.
Anyone who learns the piano needs the patience to diff to get to know, and play well. Time to learn the piano is calculated by the number of years. So when children do it, their patience will be raised.
Playing the piano is difficult to succeed without effort, concentration, and patience. It is normal when your kids cannot play the piano well just after a short time of training.
Therefore, when children can patiently learn and play well the songs they love, their memory will also be enhanced, as well as it promotes children’s creativity and exploration. So, if your child learns the piano early, he will increase his IQ and bring great results to his classroom subjects.
Learning Music Is An Effective Cure
This is indeed true nowadays. When the world becomes modern, the drawback of a busy life is revealed. Psychological diseases of children are more and more common when parents spend less time with family.
But letting children learn a musical instrument is an excellent solution for overcoming and preventing autism problems. In fact, they will have to take the test in front of the teacher or interact with the orchestra and audience on stage.
So, these activities will help your kids’ courage and confidence in current and future relationships.
After all, there are many ways to practice these characteristics for children, such as interacting with a variety of musical instruments or art through gifted classes (painting, dancing) to find out their interests and potentials.
Among them, taking a piano class can be the first step, but it probably may not be the last on their journey.
What Are The Best Pianos for Kids Playing From Beginning?
The best pianos for kids are Steinway & Sons and Bechstein, because their sound quality is resonant and the materials are durable over 100 years. Owning a piano in one of these brands is a dream of every professional artist.
Kawai or Charles Walter is also good at quality and reasonable prices. Generally, their prices are not low, and they also require many other accompanying conditions such as maintenance.
So, you need to face the issue of whether a piano from such globally famous brands is suitable for your children or not, when they are small. Please check out the list of 15 best pianos for kids below for more suggestions:
- Best Budget: Amy&Benton Toy keyboard Piano For Kids
“all with a reasonable price for your little angles to be familiar with music from beginning.”
- Best Overall: RockJam 61-Key Keyboard Piano For Kids
“ LCD panel, record and playback function, exclusive access to Simply piano application, many useful accessories included, suitable for both learning and practicing.”
- Best Fun Piano Playmat: Play22 Keyboard Playmat 71″Piano For Kids
“Learning and education in the funniest way with the super-strong piano playmat.”
- Best 4 in 1: Fisher-Price 4-in-1 Step ‘n Play Piano For Kids
“4 ways to get used to music and the piano when your kids are still small.”
- Best Record and Learn: VTech Record & Learn Orange Toy Piano For Kids
“An educational music toy that can record with many songs and sound effects.”
- Best Basic: Yamaha Mini-keyboard PSS-A50 Piano For Kids
“A basic keyboard for kids with 42 ‘voices’ or timbres and all the keys are touch-sensitive.”
- Best with Mic: Best Choice Products 37-Key Electronic Toy Keyboard Piano For Kids
“The perfect size for toddlers, learning is easy with included stickers and songbook, multiple sounds from drum and animals.”
- Best Mini: Best Choice Products Classic Wooden 30-Key Mini Grand Piano For Kids
“The mini wooden piano with warm tones for your little genius get started with music.”
- Best In-Training: HOMCOM Modern Miniature Piano For Kids
“The miniature grand piano with many great components for your kids in-training.”
- Best Cute: Melissa & Doug Pink Piano For Kids
“This pink cute piano with clear sound will be the best gift for your angles during childhood time.”
- Best for Boys: Costzon Electronic Keyboard Piano for Kids
“This blue piano can be the best gift for your boys when starting to learn the music with excellent external interfaces.”
- Best Learning Piano: RockJam 54-Key Portable Electronic Keyboard For Kids
“Interactive LCD Screen and includes Piano Maestro Teaching App with 30 Songs.”
- Best Convenient: Lujex 61 Keys Roll Up Piano For Kids
“High cost-effectiveness, easy portability, healthy environment and multiple interface functions.”
- Best for Practice: Plixio 61-Key Digital Keyboard Piano For Kids
“Lightweight and portable, dual power supply for on-the-go play, variety of sound effects and microphone jack.”
- Best 88 Keys: Alesis Recital 88 Key Digital Electric Piano For Kids
“More than just a piano for beginners with 128 notes and Skoove 3 month premium subscription for expert interactive online piano lessons.”
Best Piano for Kids Comparison Chart 2021
If you want to refer to technical information overview, the comparison chart below can be helpful in making decisions what the best piano for kids is:
|Product Name||Dimensions||Weight||Type||The Number of Keys|
|RockJam Keyboard Piano For Kids - Best Overall||35.4 x 9.8 x 5.9 inches||19.84 pounds||Electronic keyboard piano||61 keys|
|Amy&Benton Toy keyboard Piano For Kids - Best Budget||10.8 x 10.8 x 8.85 inches||1.8 pounds||Electronic keyboard piano||24-key or 31-key models|
|Play22 Keyboard Playmat 71"Piano For Kids - Best Fun Piano Playmat||71 x 29 x 1 inches||2.8 pounds||Electronic keyboard piano||24 touch-sensitive keys|
|VTech Record & Learn Orange Toy Piano For Kids - Best Record And Learn||11.54 x 17.4 x 4.43 inches||3 pounds||Electronic keyboard piano||Under 20 keys|
|Yamaha Mini-keyboard PSS-A50 Piano For Kids - Best Basic||21.5 x 9 x 3 inches||3.89 pounds||Electronic keyboard piano||37 touch-sensitive keys|
|Best Choice Products 37-Key Electronic Toy Keyboard Piano For Kids - Best with Mic||11 x 24 x 24 inches||4.6 pounds||Electronic keyboard piano||37 keys|
|Fisher-Price 4-in-1 Step 'n Play Piano For Kids - Best 4 in 1||28.35 x 31.5 x 22.44 inches||21 pounds||Electronic keyboard piano||Under 20 keys|
|Costzon Electronic Keyboard Piano for Kids - Best for Boys||18.5 x 8 x 1.5 inches||1.5 pounds||Electronic keyboard piano||37 keys|
|Best Choice Products Classic Wooden 30-Key Mini Grand Piano For Kids - Best Mini||17 x 20 x 20 inches||21.5 pounds||Wooden acoustic piano||30 keys|
|HOMCOM Modern Miniature Piano For Kids - Best In-Training||20.5 x 19.75 x 19.25 inches||Wooden acoustic piano||30 keys|
|Melissa & Doug Pink Piano For Kids - Best Cute||17 x 12 x 10 inches||11.78 pounds||Wooden acoustic piano||25 keys|
|RockJam Portable Electronic Keyboard For Kids - Best Learning||33.5 x 13 x 4.7 inches||8.27 pounds||Electronic keyboard piano||54 keys|
|Lujex Roll Up Piano For Kids - Best Convenient||10.51 x 7.91 x 3.31 inches||2.35 pounds||Electronic keyboard piano||61 keys|
|Plixio Digital Keyboard Piano For Kids - Best for Practice||37 x 7 x 14 inches||7.04 pounds||Digital keyboard Piano||61 keys|
|Alesis Recital Digital Electric Piano For Kids - Best 88 Keys||3.6 x 11.52 x 50.52 inches||15.62 pounds||Electronic keyboard piano||88 keys|
Reviews Of The Best Pianos for Kids in 2021
For further understanding of strengths and weaknesses of each product, please refer to the detailed reviews below to choose the best piano for kids in your case:
1. RockJam 61-Key Keyboard Piano For Kids
This piano is quite sturdy, resistant to force and safe for the floor. A chair is included in a kit so that children can learn the piano for a long time.
The advantage of using this product is the online tutoring program. This is especially useful for those children who seriously want to learn and practice the piano for a long time at a level that is appropriate for themselves. By subscribing to Simply piano or Take piano, your kids will have the opportunity to learn for free in 1 or 2 months.
- The “record/ play” function helps children make many layers for their songs
- It allows to access to Simply Piano Application, teaching mode with LCD display, 50 demonstration songs, 100 rhythms, and 100 sounds
- Many useful components
- This piano’s sound, size, accessories (such as the stool, headphone, stand) are good enough for children to use
- Online tutoring classes will be helpful
- It is easy to use with a quality library
- Your children can use it from when starting to learn the piano and practicing in a long time afterward
- The stool’s height cannot be changed
|Recommended for age||Suitable for older kids and adults to learn and practice|
|Accessories||An over-ear headphone, a music stand, a comfortable padded keyboard stool, included power supply, adjustable Z shaped stand, keynote stickers|
|Batteries||6 D cell batteries 1.5 V (not included)|
|Volume control||Yes (but please notice that it will be max automatically whenever you power it up)|
2. Amy&Benton Toy keyboard Piano For Kids
Amy&Benton Toy Piano enhances hearing ability, exercises hands-eye coordination, develops brain memory with 22 demo songs, LED butterfly, speed & volume control.
Not only can it play piano tunes, but this compact piano also plays many other songs with 24 keys and musical instruments like drums, disco, or tang. With the built-in microphone, children can also record their own vocals and music.
These great features will be challenging to find in such an affordable baby product, mostly when young children have not consciously kept their toys, and you cannot always buy expensive stuff.
Besides, this toy piano can save energy well when not pressing any button for more than 2 minutes, it will be dormant automatically, followed by another piece of piano melody as indicator.
- Two colors to choose (white and pink)
- Karaoke mode with LED lights
- 8 percussion instruments, 4 musical instruments with 4 accompaniment styles, record and replay mode, 22 demonstration songs
- Many functions with a reasonable price
- Energy saving
- It has external MP3 and mobile phone capabilities
- You need to prepare batteries by yourself
|Recommended for age||From 36 months to 6 years old|
|Batteries||4 AA batteries of 1.5 V|
For more reviews from customers, you can refer to the link below:
3. Play22 Keyboard Playmat 71″Piano For Kids
(Best Fun Piano Playmat)
If you want your child to get acquainted and recognize sounds, then this product is the perfect gift for him. This music playing mat will make your kid’s day happy and excited, arousing his love of music with his dance moves on the keyboard.
The product is designed wide enough, withstands strong impact, and is water-proof. All are suitable for movements, and the baby’s experience is always comfortable.
However, this product is more of a musical toy than a musical instrument. So if you want to use it for your kid to learn and practice playing the piano, this product is not suitable.
You cannot use the headphone with it, so in some cases, this Playmat can become “noisy” although you can control the volume. The sound quality will also decrease over time, but this is still the right way for children to get used to the music.
- Super strong vinyl mat
- 24 touch-sensitive keys
- 4 play modes
- 8 musical instruments
- This product is water-proof
- Easy to fold and bring together for traveling
- A great gift or game for parties when kids and adults play together
- Help your child recognize many sounds from different musical notes
- The sound may get poorer overtime
- It is not suitable for learning and practicing the piano seriously for a short or long time
|Recommended for age||From 36 months to 3 years old|
|Batteries||4 AA batteries(not included)|
4. VTech Record & Learn Orange Toy Piano For Kids
(Best Record and Learn)
If you want your baby to develop the ability to hear and distinguish sounds, this will be an appropriate educational toy for your baby every day.
With more than 40 songs and the light-up keyboard, it will easily attract your kid’s attention to the melodies of different instruments, such as drums, scratch disks … Especially the recording and music playback mode is also suitable with the creation of simple tunes.
Microphone, batteries and a voice changer make your baby’s experience not stop at listening, but also speaking and singing.
- Record and learning mode
- A microphone, voice changer, 3 AA batteries included
- More 40 songs and light-up keyboard
- Many useful components
- Suitable for kids who want to practice voice and movement from beginning
- It maybe not great enough for learning the piano in a long time
|Recommended for age||From 36 months to 6 years old|
|Accessories||Microphone, batteries, karaoke toys,|
|Batteries||3 AA batteries included|
5. Yamaha Mini-keyboard PSS-A50 Piano For Kids
It has many cool features, for example, the arpeggiator that takes whatever string of notes you play and turns them into a little melody. A recorder and built-in speakers help your child to record short music. They can save or play them back in a loop. This is very helpful for children when they start making their short music.
This keyboard has 42 ‘voices’ or rhythms, and all the keys are touch-sensitive, so your children do not need to use a strong force to make a sound. Also, the keyboard includes essential features such as motion, filters, pitch adjustment, and a modulator for editing its recordings.
- Be portable to anywhere and anytime
- built-in speakers
- 42 voices (instruments)
- 138 arpeggio types, phrase recorder, motion effect
- A lightweight keyboard using 4AA batteries
- Easy for the computer or USB-MIDI connection
- Protect your baby’s fingers with the touch key so no need much force to press the key
- It quite fits for the child’s hand size and easy to move
- Good for kids playing for the first time
- It is not suitable for professional study and practice for a long time
- There is no plug-in option, so you will usually have to either prepare the battery or charge it
|Recommended for age||From 3 years old|
|Batteries||4 AA batteries|
|Volume control||Please turn off touch sensitive to make the volume low, plug into a sound system to make it high, or use your headphone|
Please watch this video with your kids to know more if they like it or not.
6. Best Choice Products 37-Key Electronic Toy Keyboard Piano For Kids
(Best with Mic)
Is your child having trouble concentrating on something? This product can solve it because the light-up keyboard attracts not only children’s eyes and attention, but also the ability to recognize sounds when keys are played.
The piano’s accompanying sounds include other instruments such as violins, trumpets, music boxes, or animal sounds.
The playback feature allows them to record and listen to their creations with 8 tunes like samba, rock… even though the product is compact, it still comes with some accessories like a built-in microphone and has its own stand and a small stool.
So, this product can bring your kid more comfortable entertainment.
- The light-up keyboard
- 8 demo modes
- 5 different sounds from animals and instruments
- The microphone can be held in hand or hung on a rack
- Good enough for toddlers and kids
- It had ASTM F963-17 certification of US federal safety standards for materials, so they are safe for children
- Because of the close distance between microphone and speaker, they can create noise
|Brand||Best Choice Products|
|Recommended for age||From 3 years old|
|Accessories||Keyboard, stickers, microphone, song books, stool|
|Batteries||4 AA batteries|
7. Fisher-Price 4-in-1 Step ‘n Play Piano For Kids
(Best 4 in 1)
Don’t worry if you think your toddlers are not old enough to play the piano, because this product will help him adapt with it as quickly as possible.
Special things of this piano come from its structure. It includes four different individual small products. Indeed, each part has a certain effect as below.
The small, soft and portable play mat which let your kids laying down and play the music at the same time. Spinning seat keeps your kids playing around. Stationary walker helps your babies learn to walk while playing the music. Finally, an activity table keeps your kids busy.
This product is truly a multifunctional combination suitable for toddlers in both motor skills and playing with music.
With a number of built-in songs, vivid images and sounds from musical instruments such as drums, microphone, guitar, and rattle… obviously, the instrument will bring a rich first musical experience to children.
- Rich colors, and sounds that appeal to children
- More 20 activities for kids to play
- The combination of the guitar, lightup drums, headphone mirror, hand and feet keyboards evokes a child’s sense of music
- It enhances the coordination and development of movements for children when they perceive music
- Easy to clean the padded seat, play mat and other parts
- Your kids can make a chord with 4 piano keys (C E G C ) when they play it
- You can utilize individual features of each part to not cause boredom for your kids when using in different ages
- Not suitable for older kids
|Recommended for age||From 12 months to 3 years old|
|Material||Plastic (100% recyclable)|
|Batteries||3 AA batteries(not included)|
|Volume control||There is a volume switch & an off and on switch|
8. Costzon Electronic Keyboard Piano for Kids
(Best for Boys)
Made from ABS plastic safe for children, this beautiful bright blue product with lights will attract kids at first sight. With 8 tones and a variety of 4 musical instruments, your kids are free to develop their own melodies.
The product allows connection and charging with various devices, such as headphones, USB or batteries. So children can comfortably play music and sing along together with the detachable microphone without affecting everyone around.
- Adequate record and playback mode
- 8 tones and 4 percussion instruments
- 8 rhythms to make more layers of sounds
- Its material is friendly with the environment and not harmful for your kids
- Great eye-hand coordination for kids
- An excellent connection to your headphone, MP3, microphone or USB charging cable
- Adjustable speed and volume control
- In some cases, the microphone cord and stand maybe a little bit small compared to your songbook
- Please prepare 3 AA batteries for regular use outdoor
|Recommended for age||From 18 months|
|Material||High-quality ABS plastic|
|Accessories||A microphone and music stand|
|Batteries||3 AA batteries(not included)|
9. Best Choice Products Classic Wooden 30-Key Mini Grand Piano For Kids
Right from its appearance, this product gives children the feeling of being professionally playing a full-size piano on stage. The product is made from wood, maintained over time, and has many colors to suit children’s choices.
If you want to convey the original inspiration and rustic sound of acoustic pianos to your child, this will be an excellent choice for you. Although this is a strong point of the product, it can also be a weakness for some people because acoustic pianos do not have polyphonic or pre-recorded rhythms like digital pianos.
However, you can also use this feature to encourage children to practice and experience music more intensely, even though its sound is not as perfect as a professional acoustic piano.
- Warm and pure sound
- The ideal size for your kids or toddlers
- It brings a feeling of professional piano learning to children from an early age
- It looks like a grand piano for real artists
- There are 3 colors to choose (black, white, pink)
- It is easy for cleaning and years to come
- You cannot adjust the sound of this toy
|Brand||Best Choice Products|
|Recommended for age||From 12 months to 5 years old|
|Accessories||A bench, foldable music rack, music book, and guide stickers|
10. HOMCOM Modern Miniature Piano For Kids
This will be a really meaningful gift for your kids from the beginning and throughout the piano practice time in the future with rustic sounds.
It looks like a real grand piano for pianists, but scaled down to fit the baby’s size and easy to put in the room. This product is made from poplar plywood with the paint outside safe for children and included some useful components as a bench and stand.
- 2 colors to choose (black and mint green)
- 1 bench and 1 music stand
- Safe materials for kids
- It is adorable and good size for kids with components
- Easy to assemble
- Good for training in a long time
- It requires assembly
|Recommended for age||From 36 months to 10 years old|
|Material||poplar plywood and ABS plastic|
|Accessories||A bench and stand|
11. Melissa & Doug Pink Piano For Kids
“What a sweet piano” that could be your first impression with this product. But this product can do more than that.
The warm pink and feminine look of this piano can capture girl’s hearts. Deep inside it includes carefully designed details that can last for a long time.
It provides an opportunity for children to feel the keys that are mimicked like a real upright piano. On the fretboard, there are also multicolored notes to let your little girls memorize them day by day.
These notes also correspond to the music book accompanying the product so that the practice from the simplest songs of children becomes easier.
- 2 full octaves of keys
- The bright pink paint meets all US consumer product safety regulations
- The pure sound leads your kids to simple playful tunes
- Enhance the ability of combining finger movements and rhythms for kids
- The piano material is environmentally friendly and does not harm your children’s health
- A wonderful anniversary gift for your angles in many years later
- There is no bench or stool included
|Brand||Melissa & Doug|
|Recommended for age||From 36 months to 5 years old|
|Accessories||Colorful notes and song books|
12. RockJam 54-Key Portable Electronic Keyboard
In case, you are sure that your kid is really interested in the piano and needs a serious practice, but he is still quite young to try large-sized pianos, then this might be the right choice for you.
The keyboard has 54 keys, easy to navigate anywhere, suitable for both beginners and kids. The product supports both battery and power plug, helping children maintain long hours of piano practice.
Especially, LCD screen, built-in speakers, teaching modes, and many functions are other factors that let many parents vote for this product. The LCD will show you which keys and chords should be played and the best point to keep you right at tempo. On the other hand, a sheet music stand and keynote stickers are included.
- Good quality of sound, suitable for training and performance
- Easy to move and use with batteries and power supply included
- Access to the Simply piano application for learning the piano
- It has a built-in speaker, 100 tones and rhythms, a record and playback function, LCD screen with teaching modes
- It is suitable for ages starting to learn or practice the piano
- Many accessories supported to make your kid’s experience more fabulous
- No need to buy a power supply for this keyboard
- In case your child cannot go to the piano class, he can learn it with teaching mode and LCD screen
- Not many colors to choose
|Recommended for age||Both kids or adults can use this product to learn piano|
|Accessories||A sheet music stand, AC adapter and sticker notes|
|Batteries||6 D cell batteries (not included) for the best quality|
13. Lujex 61 Keys Roll Up Piano For Kids
Can you imagine a piano in your bag? If so, it deserves a gift for your kid. The ability to roll up and carry it anywhere with you is the highlight of this product. The product has a headphone jack and uses batteries or external supply, so you can use them to immerse yourself in the private space with your music.
With 128 tones, 100 rhythms, 40 demonstration songs, and the newest MIDI chips technology, Lujex 61 Keys Roll Up Piano could be a perfect start for your kids to learn the piano anytime. They also can connect this piano to their computers to edit the music.
- There are 2 models for your children to choose (61 keys and 88 keys)
- Supper easy to bring with you anywhere
- It has 128 tones, 100 rhythms, and 40 demo songs
- It is easy to roll up and carry with you to anywhere
- Still good to play if you accidentally pour water on it
- Suitable for both practice and learning
- It is difficult for you to distinguish the keys when the keyboard surface is quite smooth
- Only support three keys at the same time
|Recommended for age||From 36 months to 3 years old|
|Batteries||4 AA batteries|
14. Plixio 61-Key Digital Keyboard Piano For Kids
(Best for Practice)
The 61-key keyboard is a great instrument for any beginner to play the piano. This keyboard is so light and comfortable for your kids to bring it to their school and practice there. Moreover, they can create many kinds of sounds, effects on the keyboard, and play along with their favorite songs.
However, for those used to using modern technologies, this product has a limitation about the connection between devices. Fortunately, you still have an aux cable for a manual connection.
- Very good for practicing the piano anytime with the power adapter or 6 AA batteries
- Rich sound effects
- It has 60 demonstration songs with 40 different tones and 100 rhythms, many sound effects and chords
- This product can be moved easily
- You can control volume and tempo
- The notes are designed to fit enough space for beginners to stretch
- It gives your kids a chance to create their own style music
- No USB or wireless options
- No stool or batteries included
|Recommended for age||Both children and adults can use it|
|Accessories||An adapter, a sheet music stand, and cable|
|Batteries||6 AA batteries|
Please check out this link for a closer look:
15. Alesis Recital 88 Key Digital Electric Piano For Kids
(Best 88 Keys)
If you want to upgrade your child’s music playing level to a new level, this piano will be the right gift for him. As mentioned above about the number of full keys in a piano, these 88 keys will motivate children to practice more effectively.
In addition, teachers can also adjust the semi-weighted keys so that they match the force of your kids’ fingers. This is an essential feature, because in fact, the children may need to face standardized exams on an acoustic piano.
Besides, you can also reduce the key’s sensitivity when your kids are in training and adapting to this new gift. In the absence of a tutor, children can also access the Skoove to learn online for free for 3 months.
- Full featured digital piano for beginners
- Online-lesson packages
- 5 premium voices (Acoustic Piano, Electric Piano, Organ, Synth, and Bass), built-in FX: Chorus, Reverb, and 2 built-in 20W speakers
- Keyboard sensitivity can be adjusted according to the player
- Its quality is great enough with the price for 88-key keyboard
- The lesson mode helps children and the teacher just need to use one instrument when it splits the keyboard into two sections that have the same pitch
- Easy for connection to a mixer, recorder, amplifier or other sound system
- If you want to find a portable piano, it is not a good choice
|Recommended for age||Kids and adults learning for a long time|
|Accessories||3 free month of learning the piano on Skoove premium|
|Batteries||6 D cell batteries (not included)|
You can watch this video to check the sounds: Alesis Recital 88-Key Digital Piano’s sound.
Some Notes To Choose The Best Piano for Your Child
In order to choose the best piano for kids, you need to pay attention to many things. Here are some specific guidelines you should read to determine the right factors for your situation.
Are Your Children At The Right Age To Learn Piano?
The younger your kid is, the more kids should not practice on the digital piano because the digital piano keys create a rebound force when the keys go down to the full depth. Then quickly it makes hands ached, except for expensive digital pianos.
But after all, it is still much softer than the child having to press down with a pen while writing. Mozart studied piano since he was 3 years old. But maybe you only let your children learn at that age when they have the following qualities: passion, high concentration and long, singing the right tune, smarter than many other children.
Do not worry when your children are illiterate, music has its own language without writing. A real music teacher is not afraid to teach children when they are unreadable. There are many children who know music before literacy around the world. It is like how your child can draw before being able to read.
When your baby counts well from 1 to 20, and you hold up 1 finger quickly, then ask your kids how many fingers (each raising only lasting about 1-2 seconds is enough to make them see and ask how many fingers they have and they answer quickly and correctly after you hide your hand), you can be assured that your child will learn from the age of 4 because they react very well and see very quickly.
How Many Keys In A Piano Will Be Good For Children?
There are keyboards of different sizes. Although a full piano keyboard will consist of 88 keys, there are many versions on the market with smaller sizes such as, 61, 49 or 25 keys. In the beginning, you do not know if your child is playing the piano for a long term or not, it is the best way to find a product that can be used immediately with two hands.
To do this, you will need at least 49 keys. But in many cases, smaller keyboards are better for younger children. So, choose as many keys as possible if you have the room or can afford it – bigger keyboards will be able to grow with your kids in the years to come.
What Differences Between An Electronic Keyboard, A Digital Piano And An Acoustic Piano?
People usually choose electronic keyboards first when they start to learn the piano because they are smaller and lighter than an acoustic piano.
Their price is also reasonable and easy for children to be familiar with music first. Of course, they usually do not have enough 88 keys like an acoustic piano, but they are good at connecting with USB/ modern devices nowadays.
Digital pianos are a combination between an acoustic piano and an electronic keyboard. They own a wise of sounds because you can modify the sound.
Their keys are larger than a keyboard’s keys and have many types for players to choose (54, 61, 88 keys). With built-in speakers and modern technologies, the sound quality from digital pianos is better than from a keyboard, and do not have many differences from an acoustic piano.
High-quality acoustic pianos will deliver great sounds, but they also require frequent maintenance and tuning. Moreover, their cost is often high due to the cost of producing many parts, and usually heavier than the two types of pianos mentioned above.
Other Several Factors When Choosing A Piano For Kids
Some other factors you should pay attention to when choosing a piano for a child are sound quality, price, materials and brands.
Sound is one of the most important issues for a keyboard. An acoustic piano usually produces a better sound than a digital piano. They give children a more rustic, authentic, warm and resounding sound. You also have greater control over the expression of the notes.
However, the digital piano can only copy the sound of an acoustic piano. In fact, a premium digital piano can sound better than a low-end acoustic piano.
In terms of price, acoustic pianos from famous brands in the world will have extremely high prices. Also, you have to pay attention to the tuning and annual maintenance for them.
Meanwhile, digital pianos are generally lower priced, are easy to move around, need less attention to tuning and maintenance, and have many other features.
Material And Brands
The construction material is important because it accurately reflects the strength and sound quality of a piano. But usually, only technicians, vendors, and pianists actually know what those materials are and how their quality is.
Besides, different piano manufacturers approach piano design from entirely different perspectives.
Some manufacturers have chosen to go to the “high tech” path.
For example, they use modern building materials such as MDF (an industrial wood designed to make furniture) and multi-laminate (very thick) plywood, heavy plywood made of thin layers of wood stick together with water-proof glue under high pressure).
The intricate mechanical part of a string piano is made of ABS styrene (for which Kawai is a prime example). Kawai pianos are now using ABS styrene to replace many parts. With other wood, this material has the advantage of not being affected by moisture like wood.
Piano finishes are typically made of thick acrylic (polyester), which most Japanese and European piano manufacturers use.
Other manufacturers claim that they use only the most traditional piano building materials, (i.e., using lumber, rare woods such as maple, birch, oak, ash, or spruce), surface finished by traditional lacquer technique, etc.
They reject all materials other than traditional materials that have been used for more than 100 years (even if modern materials have quality is better in many ways) and generally avoid using any plastic.
The modern technology of making the instrument and building the piano in the traditional way has both advantages and disadvantages. They depend on the development direction of the instrument company.
This may make it difficult for some shoppers to find out, but you should set a common standard to compare different brands.
Now I will answer some frequently asked questions from customers below so that you can find out which is the best piano for kids.
My Top Pick
A lot of information is shared above, and now is the moment you need to make a decision. I’m sure anyone wants their kids to have an enjoyable experience right from the start of any new lesson.
An investment in both time and finance is something that should be considered based on many factors.
My choice is RockJam Keyboard Piano For Kids, because I think it is suitable for a child’s development journey.
Have you ever attended any piano classes with your child? Do you know what song your kids like to play the most? Do you think which piano will be right for them? Please share your comment below.