The best science toys for kids will promote children’s curiosity about the environment surrounding them. They explore the world by observing, touching, experimenting, and asking questions. Therefore, it is crucial to keep them interested, motivated, and engaged in learning.
Why don’t we give the kids a gift that encourages their acquisition from the very first step of studying? It’s incredible to see how much kids gain knowledge actively while having fun with regards to science toys.
I bet you have any questions in your mind now. What are the science toys? Where can we afford them? How can we take advantage of science toys to exploit the potential in a child?
Keep reading; I will answer these questions; besides, I would recommend 15 Best Science Toys For Kids that you can consider before making a purchase. Let’s start!
- What Are The Science Toys?
- Reasons To Buy Science Toys for Kids
- Which Are Best Science Toys for Kids To Buy?
- Science Toys for Kids Comparison Chart 2021
- Reviews Of The Best Science Toys for Kids in 2021
- 1. 4M 4605 DIY Science Space Water Rocket Kit
- 2. Creative Kids DIY Magic Bouncy Balls
- 3. Learning Resources Primary Science Lab Set
- 4. Be Amazing! Toys Big Bag of Science Works
- 5. Geotoys Zak Zych Cartoon Periodic Table Poster
- 6. 4M 3D Glow-in-the-Dark Solar System Mobile Making Kit
- 7. The Magic School Bus Chemistry Lab
- 8. Ozobot 2.0 Bit Smart Pack of 2 Robots
- 9. ILaughnlearn Geology Game With Rock Collection
- 10. Klutz Lego Chain Reactions Science
- 11. Scientific Explorer Disgusting Science Kit
- 12. Smartlab Toys Squishy Human Body
- 13. Snap Circuits Elenco Jr. SC-100 Electronic
- 14. Creativity for Kids Grow ‘n Glow Terrarium Kit
- 15. Thames and Kosmos Remote-Control Machines DLX
- Science Toys for Kids – My Buying Guide
- My Top Pick
What Are The Science Toys?
Science toys, a kind of educational toy, are specifically designed to introduce a particular subject’s fundamental scientific principles, including chemistry, geology, physics, astronomy, biology, etc.
Reasons To Buy Science Toys for Kids
With these toys, kids can visually understand the natural phenomenon’s rules and how they affect us. Science toys also help reinforce a child’s knowledge with real-life investigations; thence, kids will remember what they are taught in school, then they could apply it when they are outside.
Children learn science concepts with ease, but these toys could also help develop child senses in several ways.
Improve Problem-Solving Skills.
Quizzes and puzzles play an essential role in improving thought processes. Kids will tend to solve any problem by brainstorming solutions rather than asking for help from parents or teachers in the future.
Develop Reasoning Skills
When kids understand how the world works, they are going to be more curious about them. Instead of just agreeing with things as they are, children start to question and realize that there are reasons and logic to the world around us.
The science toys allow children to use imagination to incorporate their wonder of the everyday world into their playtime. From that, young learners could come up with new ideas in various fields.
Which Are Best Science Toys for Kids To Buy?
4M and Learning Resources are the leading company in manufacturing science toys for kids; you can be comfortable about the quality and educational values that their products bring to your kids.
If budget is your concern, Creative Kids will erase this problem but still ensure your kids will be safe when playing with it.
There is a list of the best science toys for kids you could consider before selecting a gift for your kid.
- Best Overall: 4M 4605 DIY Science Space Water Rocket Kit
“Help to build and launch a rocket; perfect for aspiring engineering and children who love science; help to increase their knowledge of technology.”
- Best Budget: Creative Kids DIY Magic Bouncy Balls
“Comes with 25 powder crystals bags; suitable for both boys and girls; do experiment in 3 simple steps and learns about colors and shapes.”
- Best for Primary: Learning Resources Primary Science Lab Set
“Various components have been sized for little hands; have all the paraphernalia that you need; easy to use.”
- Best for Middle School: Be Amazing! Toys Big Bag of Science Works
“Covers a variety of science topics; help answer questions that most kids, and many adults, have wondered about.”
- Best for High School: Geotoys Zak Zych Cartoon Periodic Table Poster
“A cartoon version of the periodic table; introduces children the periodic table; helps high school students to understand how to use it.”
- Best Astronomical: 4M 3D Glow-in-the-Dark Solar System Mobile Making Kit
“Help to build and decorate a mini solar system; appropriate for kids who love the universe; satisfy their imagination of astronomy.”
- Best Chemistry Lab: The Magic School Bus Chemistry Lab
“Includes all the lab tools; help to perform over different 50 experiments; promote creative thinking; introduce the scientific process.”
- Best for Code Lovers: Ozobot 2.0 Bit Smart Pack of 2 Robots
“The winner of the Best Robot Award in 2015; can navigate racetracks, mazes, and cityscapes; help to learn the block-based programming language.”
- Best Geographic: ILaughnLearn Geology Game with Rock Collection
“Shiny, large, and cool-looking; tells your child about other types of rocks; encouraged to collect different stones as well. “
- Best Engineering: Klutz Lego Chain Reactions Science
“Help to build STEM skills; can be built up to 10 different machines; help to learn about engineering and how the components work together.”
- Best Medical Science: Scientific Explorer Disgusting Science Kit
“Helps to explore all the yucky body parts and byproducts; help to grow mold and bacteria.”
- Best Anatomical: SmartLab Toys Squishy Human Body
“Gives an up-close look at the inner workings of the human body; increase knowledge of anatomy; increase hand-eye coordination and fine motor skills.”
- Best Electronic Model: Snap Circuits Elenco Jr. SC-100 Electronic
“A multi-award winning toy; kids’ version of electrical circuits; help to build the system to make the light and music go together; include a siren with an adjustable volume, a flashing light, and a photosensor.”
- Best Terrarium: Creativity for Kids Grow ‘N Glow Terrarium Kit
“Help to understand the concept of nature and the environment; allows kids to grow their own terrarium; the plants will grow up after 3-4 days and safe materials.”
- Best Physics: Thames and Kosmos Remote-Control Machines DLX
“ Can be built up to 36 models; help understand the basic concepts of mechanical physics.”
Science Toys for Kids Comparison Chart 2021
Are you still frustrated about deciding on the best science toys for kids? Please keep scrolling and look at the comparison table below to take a close-up of some features that meets your demands.
|Product Name||Dimensions||Weight||Age Suitability||Branch of Science|
|4M 4605 DIY Science Space Water Rocket Kit - Best Overall||8.5 x 11.5 x 4 inches||8.8 ounces||14 - 15 years old||Technology, engineering|
|Creative Kids DIY Magic Bouncy Balls- Best Budget||6.2 x 2 x 8.5 inches||13.05 ounces||6+ years old||STEM|
|Learning Resources Primary Science Lab Set - Best for Primary||10.2 x 4.8 x 13.8 inches||2.55 pounds||4+ years old||STEM|
|Be Amazing! Toys Big Bag of Science Works - Best for Middle School||13 x 3.6 x 12.75 inches||1.19 pounds||8 - 14 years old||STEM|
|Geotoys Zak Zych Cartoon Periodic Table Poster - Best for High School||16 x 24 x 16 inches||0.16 ounces||14 - 18 years old||Chemistry|
|4M 3D Glow-in-the-Dark Solar System Mobile Making Kit - Best Astronomical||2.5 x 14.75 x 11.5 inches||1.2 pounds||8 years and up||Astronomy|
|The Magic School Bus Chemistry Lab - Best Chemistry Lab||9 x 6 x 15 inches||1.6 pounds||5+ years old||Chemistry|
|Ozobot 2.0 Bit Smart Pack of 2 Robots - Best for Code Lovers||1 x 1 x 1 inches||15.2 ounces||8+ years old||Programming, Coding|
|ILaughnLearn Geology Game with Rock Collection - Best Geographic||9.75 x 2.16 x 5.5 inches||2.6 pounds||8+ years old||Geology|
|Klutz Lego Chain Reactions Science - Best Engineering||9 x 1.25 x 10 inches||14.1 ounces||8+ years old||Engineering, Machine science|
|Scientific Explorer Disgusting Science Kit - Best Medical Science||10 x 2.75 x 12.25 inches||10.2 ounces||8+ years old||Biology, Anatomy|
|SmartLab Toys Squishy Human Body - Best Anatomical||10 x 2.75 x 13.5 inches||1.26 pounds||8+ years old||Anatomy|
|Snap Circuits Elenco Jr. SC-100 Electronic - Best Electronic Model||10 x 2 x 15 inches||1.91 Pounds||8+ years old||Electronic, Physics|
|Creativity for Kids Grow 'N Glow Terrarium Kit - Best Terrarium||10.5 x 3 x 12 inches||15.8 ounces||6+ years old||Biology, Botany|
|Thames and Kosmos Remote-Control Machines DLX - Best Physics||19.1 x 13 x 3.8 inches||3.58 pounds||8+ years old||Physics|
Reviews Of The Best Science Toys for Kids in 2021
Now, it’s time to have a more in-depth knowledge of the best science toys for kids. There are 15 descriptions and their pros and cons corresponding to 15 products introduced above.
1. 4M 4605 DIY Science Space Water Rocket Kit
This science kit is an excellent aspiration for children who love science, especially technology and engineering. Your kids can create a water rocket from a plastic bottle. All of the components are included, except for a bicycle pump to get the rocket to fly. Their knowledge of the technology will be increased while having fun with the rocket launching process.
The Water Rocket Kit also offers kids a great opportunity to make friends and work in groups when kids perform launching, fueling, and recovery together.
The younger kids can be involved in the game with proper supervision.
- All the components required to turn a water bottle into a functioning rocket are included
- Be ideal for children who love science, particularly technology
- Offer particular guidelines to play
- The observation from parents required
- Instructions are easy to follow
- Encourage teamwork
- Stimulate an interest in technology
- Eye-hand coordination is encouraged
- It does not come with the bicycle pump
- Only outdoor playing
|Pieces Per Set||10|
|Recommend Age||14 – 15 years old|
|Educational Value||Improving the understanding of technology, boosting imagination, and encouraging young science enthusiasts.|
You can see a boy assembling all parts of the kit and soaring up a rocket here.
2. Creative Kids DIY Magic Bouncy Balls
Your children can be involved with science with this hilarious kit in order to learn the inner working of a bouncy ball. They have a chance to make their own magic bouncy balls with many shades.
With step-by-step instructions, this is an excellent way to get your kids to stay hands-on and become creative. It could be performed in a group, which promotes teamwork and socialization skills as well.
Regarding non-toxic ingredients, the children could work without the adult’s supervision. In case you are still confused about on how to create magic Bouncy Balls, please look at this video for your reference.
- 25 bags of neon shade power crystals included
- Easy experiments with 3 steps.
- Non-Toxic ingredients
- Can make 43 balls in one set
- Includes 5 reusable molds
- Non-Toxic materials
- Simple instructions
- Allows your kids to enjoy endless hours of imaginative play
- Bouncy balls dry out over time
|Materials||Crystals powders and plastic|
|Pieces Per Set||25 bags of powder crystals and 5 reusable bags|
|Recommend Age||6+ years old|
|Educational Value||Promoting creative thinking, teamwork, and socialization
Let’s check this video to know how amazing this product is!
3. Learning Resources Primary Science Lab Set
(Best for Primary)
The Primary Science Lab Set included little hand-sized replicas in the toy form of standard laboratory tools so that the children can practice pretended experiments at home. Its age range is 4 years old and up; therefore, this product will be the perfect gift for your primary kids.
All of the components are made from durable plastic, which is safe for kids. With this kit, the children can be satisfied with their curiosity and be stimulated with a sense of discovery and exploration.
Thanks to the included cards, your kids can perform some fundamental experiments such as color mixing, volcano, celery coloring. The material is not difficult to clean up, and the box is large enough for parents to put them all away after playing.
That is a good start for higher science concepts in the future.
- Hands-on experiments conducted
- Easy to follow, suitable for beginner
- Enhance your child’s knowledge of science terms
- Great for pretend play
- The journal can be reused.
- Kid-safe for independent play
- Award-winning toy
- Materials for experiments are not included
|Pieces Per Set||22|
|Recommend Age||4+ years old|
|Educational Value||Satisfying children’s curiosity and stimulating a sense of discovery and exploration.|
Regarding this video, you can have a broader view of this science toy.
4. Be Amazing! Toys Big Bag of Science Works
(Best for Middle School )
This big bag covers various science topics such as magnets, geology, chemistry, and physics. It’s considered remarkably interesting because it can help kids and even adults answer their wonders of the scientific phenomena.
The experiments included in this kit are quite simple to perform alone. However, it is recommended that parents should read through the step-by-step instructions to assist when the kids need them.
Furthermore, you can find some additional items for full use of the kit in your own house. It’s an affordable science toy that you can give to your kids for birthdays or any occasion.
- Stimulating your kids with science
- Hands-on experience with 100% success
- Engaging your kids in learning everywhere
- Easy to use
- Variety of experiments
- Require a little less adult supervision
- Help to get a broad knowledge of the scientific principles
- You need to supervise your kids while they are playing to avoid unwanted accidents.
|Brand||Be Amazing! Toys|
|Materials||Plastic and chemicals|
|Pieces Per Set||25+|
|Recommend Age||8 – 14 years old|
|Educational Value||Triggering kid’s interest in science, enhancing their STEM skills, and stimulating creative thinking|
There is a video of a teenager playing with the Big Bag of Science for your reference.
5. Geotoys Zak Zych Cartoon Periodic Table Poster
(Best for High School)
Periodic posters are considered to be one of the most informative tools in chemistry. Not only it demonstrates the relation of all elements on Earth, but the sign also shows the similarities and differences of these substances.
The graphics on Zak Zych Cartoon Periodic Poster are adorable, and they are arranged appropriately for students to memorize quickly. Furthermore, the elements are punned with the words contained in their name. For example, Gallium is illustrated by a galley ship.
However, this poster seems too complicated for under-aged kids to understand comprehensively. It should be used as visual aid for high school students.
- An informative aid as well as a decoration
- Frameable drawing
- Packaged in a durable tube
- A valuable tool for students to memorize Periodic Chart
- Unique art painting for wall
- Make kids interested in Chemistry with funny puns
- Not easy for younger kids to understand
|Pieces Per Set||1|
|Recommend Age||14-18 years old|
|Educational Value||Reinforcing knowledge of Chemistry for high school students.|
6. 4M 3D Glow-in-the-Dark Solar System Mobile Making Kit
Suppose your kids are interested in the universe and space. In that case, this kit will make them scream in happiness because of its cool functions with a full set of comprehensive solar systems, including everything you need to decorate and build up each planet.
With this kit, the children’s curiosity about astronomy will be satisfied when observing the mini-sized version of the solar system. They can have fun learning the names of planets as well as their similarity and differences.
However, this project is considered for a child in dexterity. Adult assistance is recommended in case the kids have trouble with painting and assembling. Noticeably, because the planets are off in size, you might find it challenging to hang the mobile kit balance.
- Including hanging frame, string, two strips, two glow plaints, and a brush
- Perfect for bedroom decoration
- Can be displayed for projects in class
- Detailed guidelines for assembling and painting are included
- Introducing some fun astronomy fact with a poster
- Sufficient paints
- Challenge enough to keep kids interested
- Many fishing lines to hang
- Reasonable hanging position
- Glow paint doesn’t glow much
|Pieces Per Set||10+ pieces|
|Recommend Age||8 years and up|
|Educational Value||introducing the concept of the solar system, boosting imagination, and encouraging art and crafts.|
This video will bring you a closer look at this product.
7. The Magic School Bus Chemistry Lab
(Best Chemistry Lab)
This science toy is a perfect gift for kids who love experiments, especially observing chemical reactions. This Chemistry Lab provides comprehensive instruction and safety guidance to mix ingredients from your kitchen.
Concerning over 50 different experiments, children can explore the concept of acids and bases, which helps to awake the scientist inside them. They know how to perform simple experiments and start taking notes organized.
Not only encourage creative thinking, but this science kit also emphasizes the importance of preparation and safety when performing a chemical experiment.
Parents are recommended to observe and offer a hand in case children struggle with ingredients.
- Great hands-on learning and educational science
- Introducing the basis of chemical experiments
- All supplies needed (not everyday household items), and detailed direction cards are included
- Non-toxic ingredients
- Recognizable characters
- A large number of experiments (51)
- Encourages observation with journal
- Some plastic parts are fragile
- Additional ingredients are not include
|Brand||The Magic School Bus|
|Materials||Plastic and paper|
|Pieces Per Set||51+ pieces|
|Recommend Age||5+ years old|
|Educational Value||Encouraging creative thinking, emphasizing the importance of preparation and safety, and introducing the concept of acids and bases|
You can this video to see details of the Magic School Bus Chemistry Lab
8. Ozobot 2.0 Bit Smart Pack of 2 Robots
(Best for Code Lovers)
This Ozobot 2.0 Bit Smart Pack of 2 Robots will introduce to your kids the basic concept of block-based programming as well as coding principles, thanks to these tiny friends.
The young kids can begin coding by drawing colored lines on paper or tablets, and then the Ozobot will trace those lines by controllable speed and direction. It’s straightforward for the kids to acquire programming knowledge when they can see the result directly, not on the screen. Getting improved over the previous version, you are allowed to use a computer coding program instead of only a marker.
However, the play is undiversified and straightforward, so that it is hard to hold long-term interest.
- Easy to play with blocks of codes within 2 steps
- Interactional programs and activities for every age to play are available on the Free Ozobot website and the iOs & Android Ozobot applications
- A brief introduction to computer science
- Simplify the principles of programming
- Well-proportioned appearance
- Award-winning toy
- Quite overpriced
- Undiversified play
|Colors||Gray and Black|
|Pieces Per Set||2|
|Recommend Age||8+ years old|
|Educational Value||Introducing the basic concept of block-based programming and improving knowledge of computer technology and coding|
You can check this video for more details of Ozobot 2.0 Bit.
9. ILaughnlearn Geology Game With Rock Collection
Children are always full of curiosity about the world, especially geographic aspects. Some kids start to wonder about various kinds of stones at a very young age. The ROCK ON! game includes various top rocks, which are so cool-looking. The picture guide and a game board are also attached to the kit, which encourages children to learn types of rocks while having fun playing bingo.
The kit is supposed to awake a collector inside every kid. They will be motivated to explore the world instead of sitting in front of the TV or the computer. From that, they will have a remarkable collection when they’re grown up.
- Hands-on learning while exploring Earth’s geological treasures
- Rock and mineral collection with lovely specimens and identification guide
- Including 5 levels of play for up to 6 players in an educational, Geology science game
- Made in the USA
- Encourages a fascination with stones
- Manufactured by a trusted brand
- Affordable price
- The balance between playing and studying
- The container doesn’t fit well
|Materials||Rock and paper|
|Pieces Per Set||A lot of pieces|
|Recommend Age||8+ years old|
|Educational Value||Encouraging children to create a collection, introducing types of rock, and fostering a love of nature|
There is a video showing how to play this geology toy kit in detail.
10. Klutz Lego Chain Reactions Science
This is an award-winning toy that fascinates children with engineering and how the components work together. There are 33 LEGO pieces in the package, full manual instruction, plastic balls, and various additional features to build a comprehensive machine.
Klutz LEGO kit is well-illustrated so that children can use their imaginations to create over 10 different functioning machines. Therefore, they can have an in-depth understanding of engineering while having fun with the game. Besides, there are some extra parts needed which can be substituted easily.
I highly recommend this game because of its comprehensive concepts and unique details in the guidebook.
- Nappa Silver award winner
- Designed to build 10 amazing moving machines
- Includes an 80-page instructional book with certified crystal clear instructions
- Includes more than 30 essential LEGO elements
- Encourage kids to learn about engineering
- Award-winning toy
- Compatible with other items in the LEGO market
- A full manual instruction is included
- Some extra LEGO components may not be included
|Pieces Per Set||30 pieces|
|Recommend Age||8 years and up|
|Educational Value||Fascinating children with engineering, encouraging imagination and providing in-depth knowledge of engineering|
11. Scientific Explorer Disgusting Science Kit
(Best Medical Science)
Maybe you will be confused when looking at this gift at first, but don’t worry, this gift is evaluated as a perfect gift designed to grow kids’ knowledge of the human body. They’ll acquire amazing facts about their own body and figure out how metabolic excretion is made.
The kit results are considered grossed but impressive enough to take their science understanding to a new level.
With the Scientific Explorer Disgusting Science Kit, children are able to make slimy snot, stinky intestine, and fake blood. Furthermore, this science kit allows them to learn how to grow bacteria and molds.
- Designed to educate your children on what happens to their bodies
- Most ingredients are included with detailed guidance
- Adult supervision is required
- Many different aspects of anatomy are demonstrated
- Improve children’s understanding of the human body
- An exciting gift for kids
- Its fun factor is highly-recommended
- Not every experiment is successful
|Colors||White, red and green|
|Pieces Per Set||17 pieces|
|Recommend Age||8+ years old|
|Educational Value||Introducing knowledge of the human body, encouraging children to do experiments, and fascinating children with grossed products|
12. Smartlab Toys Squishy Human Body
SmartLab Squishy Human Body gives children a closer look at the anatomy by a 12-inch plastic model, including nine squishy removable organs. Besides, kids are provided tweezers and forceps to discover 12 plastic bones and muscles.
Moreover, there is a 24-page book attached to the package, which can help children understand the human body since various anatomy information and facts are covered in this book.
It can be hard for students to learn organs inside the body via pictures; therefore, this science toy is regarded as visual aid to revise what your children has learned in school. Hand-eye coordination and fine motor skills are encouraged when they lay body parts on the organizer and keep track of them.
- Designed to discover how the human body works
- Includes small human body parts, bones, and muscles made from plastics
- 24-page illustrated journal and guidance sheet are attached
- Well-illustrated instructions
- Allows children to develop soft skills while playing and learning
- Include various aspects of anatomy
- Improve kids’ hand-eye coordination and fine motor skills
- Easy to play with the body organizer sheet
- 21 realistic parts are removable
- Promotes your little ones to become excellent scientists
- Some parts are sticky, which might easily collect hair and dust
|Pieces Per Set||29 pieces|
|Recommend Age||8+ years old|
|Educational Value||Promoting hand-eye coordination, fine motor skills and providing a closer look at the human body as well as visualizing anatomy information|
Let’s check this video to see more details of the science kit.
13. Snap Circuits Elenco Jr. SC-100 Electronic
(Best Electronic Model)
Snap Circuits Jr. SC-100 Electronics Discovery Kit is regarded as a version of electronic circuits for children. It’s fascinating with a combination of lights and music. In this kit, there are over 30 pieces that the children can build a system that makes the light and music go together.
The process is easy and safe when they only have to put the components together, like playing LEGO. In addition, an adjustable-volume siren, a flashing light, and a photo sensor are included, which allows your kids to create over 100 projects.
However, this science toy can be challenging for younger kids. So, I recommend parents should skim the instructions so that you can assist your children if necessary.
- Designed to build numerous attractive models with many colorful components
- Practical learning to electronics
- A instruction manual is attached
- Can be collaborated with other sets
- Encourage creation with multiple ways to play
- High durability
- Allows children to assemble more than 100 projects
- The instruction is easy to follow
- Adult assistance is needed for younger kids
|Pieces Per Set||30+ pieces|
|Recommend Age||8+ years old|
|Educational Value||Stimulating creative thinking, promoting learning by doing
and keeping students engaged with science
14. Creativity for Kids Grow ‘n Glow Terrarium Kit
The Creativity for Kids Grow ‘n Glow Terrarium provides the children with the necessary materials to build up a mini-sized garden in a bottle. Glow-in-the-dark decals are also included in this kit to create a slightly nighttime environment.
Our kids will have a chance to learn about botany while creating their ecosystem.
This kit is suitable for homeschooling programs by enchanting the children with planting skills.
Noticeably, plants have a short life span, so that it will not take much time for the kids to observe the result. However, some steps of the process are boring for the kids.
- Allows your kids to build up their forest
- Includes required ingredients
- The terrarium life span is about 3-4 days
- Made and parceled in the USA
- Non-toxic materials
- Comprehensive materials for 2 growth cycles
- Safe for kids to play
- Organic seeds are included
- Children can observe the final result without waiting so long
- The amount of plant growth may be out of control
|Brand||Creativity for Kids|
|Pieces Per Set||A lot of pieces|
|Recommend Age||6+ years old|
|Educational Value||Introducing the concept of botany and ecosystem, promoting learning by doing and enchanting kids with planting skills|
If you are wondering about this toy, watch this video for your information
15. Thames and Kosmos Remote-Control Machines DLX
The Thames & Kosmosz Physics Workshop includes over 150 separate components in order to build up 20 different models and numerous experiments. While playing, your children will first understand mechanical physics’ scientific principles such as pendulum clocks, centripetal force, etc.
Looking like a LEGO set, this science toy is easy for kids to conduct step-by-step, even models in motion. However, some challenging models take kids hours to complete. The kids might struggle when separating some components. So, the parents should encourage and support kids during their playing time.
- Create your own motorized vehicles and machines
- A wireless remote is included
- Could build 20+ models with multiple ways
- Winner of a Parents’ Choice Silver Honor
- Encourage learning by doing projects
- Stimulate creative thinking and hand-eye coordination
- A comprehensive set of components
- Create a better understanding of the theory of operation
- Makeshift substitutes are not available at home
|Brand||Thames & Kosmos|
|Pieces Per Set||151 pieces|
|Recommend Age||8 years and up|
|Educational Value||Introducing to principles of mechanical physics and fascinating children with various models and experiments|
Science Toys for Kids – My Buying Guide
As you know, science toys can be a useful aid which helps children engaged with learning, especially science subjects. However, if you choose the inappropriate kit for your kids, it will be versus-effected. As a result, you can not exploit your children’s potential, which is so wasted.
After researching a variety of science toys, I have some experience when selecting a suitable one. There are several features that I would like you to consider:
Your Children’s Hobbies
First, keep in mind that every kid has a particular hobby, including science topics. It’s similar to sports, and your children can be good at basketball, so what happened if you give them a racket? Therefore, you have to observe your children and figure out their favorite subjects, such as chemistry, astronomy, etc.
Then, ensure that the toy is based on the correct scientific principles. Everything is new to kids, so that they adapt the knowledge quickly without doubting. I suppose you don’t need a toy claiming the winter is hot, or a fish could fly.
Age and Gender Suitability
Since most manufacturers commit the suggested age suitability for their toys, I recommend you stick to their advice. There are some toys that are too challenging for younger children. Otherwise, teenagers can lose their interest in toys targeted towards preschoolers.
Gender suitability is also a key feature you should pay attention to. Most toys are created unisex, but there are still models exclusively for boys or the other way around.
Besides the 2 above factors, safety is also a significant aspect. You should pay extra attention to small pieces and sharp edges to ensure your kids cannot swallow them and protect them from cutting their little hands. You need to supervise your kids while they are playing to avoid unwanted situations.
Level Of Difficulty
These toys are supposed to help children learn science with ease and joy. Therefore, I suggest you choose a toy with a suitable level of difficulty for your kids.
To avoid your kids being bored soon, you should read quickly about the products’ instructions to ensure it is not too hard for them to understand. In case they need help, please be supportive and encouraged them.
Again, science toys are believed to make science fun; if not, they are not “toys” anymore. Besides educational values, your kids’ enjoyment is still the priority when purchasing these toys.
As you all know, children are usually rough with their toys, incredibly enthusiastic kids. Of course, to save money, you should choose a toy with a high-quality construction that won’t be broken easily. You have better notice of the materials used in the manufacturing process. They must be durable and non-toxic, which is safe for kids to play.
Keep reading! These questions about science toys for kids below are asked frequently that you can check and consider.
My Top Pick
In a nutshell, there are many choices for you. You can compare and evaluate their advantages and disadvantages before making a decision that fits your kid’s demand.
4M 4605 DIY Science Space Water Rocket Kit is the most exciting toy because kids can gain knowledge of how to make rocket kits from plastic bottles. I hope this kit can raise awareness of physics principles in my kids.
And you, what is your favorite choice? Let’s share your opinion in the comment section below.